Chapter 5: I'm just a moment, so don't let me pass you by

*Rian's POV*

  Finally! We're going to Florida again to play one of our last shows for this tour and then I can finally spend some time with Cassadee. What a weird place to stop off at too, but I think Alex pulled some strings to get this gig for our last one. That girl's probably the reason too. I rolled my eyes and continued to thump on my drum pad sitting on the table infront of me. I beat faster and faster and just kept trying to get my mind off of her. I didn't even know her yet and I didn't think I liked her. Alex's head  has been in the clouds lately and our shows have been more talkative than music based. I rolled my eyes thinking about how Alex had stumbled over his lyrics so many times during our past three shows. I clenched my body and released, trying to relax myself when Jack, Alex, and Zach all burst through the door laughing about something or another.

  "Hey Ri!" Jack plopped next to me and slammed a happy hand on my shoulders. "Whatcha doin?" He batted his lashes at me and I shoved him off.

  "Cut it out Jack." I smirked as he fell to the floor in time for Alex to trip over him and fall too. We all laughed and Zach sat on the counter nearbye.

  "So what's going on Rian? You only bring out that thing to practice, and it's been out a lot lately, so what's wrong?" Alex asked picking Jack and himself up off the floor while the laughter subsided, and leaned against the wall.

  "I was just thinking. How much longer till Florida?"

  Zach looked down at his watch."About three hours or so." He shrugged and looked back up at us all.

  "So what's the plan when we get there Alex? I mean, we all know what we're going to be doing, but you've been screwing up lately and I just think we should be prepared if you do it again." I started thrumming on my drum pad again.

  "I already told you, I haven't been sleeping great, that's all, but I'm good man, I'll get this show right." He smiled confidently.

  "Sure," I shook my head. "Is it because that girl's coming?" I shot him a stare. His eyes averted me and turned to Zach. "Really Alex? You don't even know her! You met some stranger that calls all the time, that you get no sleep because of, and mess up our shows! What's going on with you? You can't honestly call that girl a friend, you and Jack over here have only hungout with her once and it was because she found out who you were!" I huffed and snapped up, barreling my way through them all and crawling into my bunk. I couldn't believe how weird Alex was acting right now. Really? After Lisa he wants to start this again? Idiot.

  ...........//........//..

*Alex's POV*

  "Wow." Jack murmered as he got up and went to the fridge to grab a bottle and some shot glasses from the cabinet. "I think this calls for a drink."

  Zach chuckled and beconed me over, which I slumped his way.

  "Sure, why not." I shrugged and Jack poured each of us a shot. We took it after an unspoken count to three and put our glasses in the sink. "Is Rian right?" I asked when Zach went to grab his guitar. Both guys shook their head and Zach pointed to Rian's bunk.

  "He's just cranky. I think something happend with Cassadee. Hopefully nothing big though, he really loves her." He whispered.

  I nodded like I understood but Rian did make me feel a little guilty. Were the shows really that bad lately? I think the fans understand, I mean, I'm not the first musician to mess up their own song lyrics. Right? I sighed and Jack came over, rubbing my arm in comfort.