Chapter 11

Onika

I was the first one up when the nurse called for Meek and Chris.

"Are you all here for Mr. Brown and Mr. Williams" we all nodded our heads.

"Well I have good news and I have bad news, which one would ya'll prefer first?" The nurse asked, looking down at her clipboard.

"Good" Dre spoke up.

"Okay uh.. Mr. Brown is in stable condition, he's alright but his alseep right now. He needs all the rest he can get" I heard Bey say "thank god" to herself.

"Now with Mr. Williams he's in critical condition and is in high risk of death within the next 72 hours, we can't do anything but wish for a miracle since he had one bullet inches away from his heart" I swear my heart broke into a million pieces.

"I'm sorry" then the nurse walked away.

Just thinking of Meek dying scares the hell out of me, I know I haven't known him for a long time but it seems like it.

"Nicki" I looked at Bey with tears running down my face rapidly. She tried to hug me but I shrugged her off walking over to a corner sitting on the floor sobbing. I started hyperventilating I couldn't stop crying, I felt like the walls were closing in on me. My head was started to hurt, it felt like the room was spinning and my chest felt like it was caving in.

"Oh my god Nicki calm you're scaring yourself!" Bey placed both of her hands on my face making me look at her. Her face was bleary from my tears blurring out my eye sight.

"Nicki look at me" I tried to stop crying but I just couldn't. "Please calm down Onika" I shook my head furiously.

"Dre go get a nurse I think she's having a panic attack!" Bey shouted. I closed my eyes tight shut, all I could hear is a loud ringing sound making me put my hands over my ears.

"Olay now Onika I need you to listen to me carefully, can you do that?" I nodded at the unfamiliar voice. I felt someone wiped my tears, I opened my eyes to see a older women.

"Left both of your arms above your head" I did what she told me.

"Stay with me dear, try and get your breathing back to normal. Can you count to 10 with me?" I nodded slowly after a few moments, sniffing.

"Words sweetie"

"Yes" I croaked out.

"1" she started off.

"2" I said quietly.

At the count of 10 my breathing was back to normal and a steady pace, the lady was rubbing small circles on my back.

"Come lets get you out this corner" she got up from her kneeling position, holding out a hand for me to grab which I did.

"You okay now? Would you like some water?" She asked with a concern expression on her face.

"Yes please" I spoke quietly. When she walked away I looked up at everyone to see them all staring at me and it was a unfamiliar guy standing next to Jay.

"Who are you?" I looked him up and down but not in a judging way.

"Jordan, Chris's little brother" I nodded sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Can you guys not stare at me?" I snapped.

"We just tryna make sure you good shawty no need to get a attitude" Jay said, making me glare at him.

"Here your water dear" I thanked her and found out her name was Ms.Jones.

"Try not to overthink things, take care sweetie" I waved at her as she left.