Prologue

"This all stops, NOW!" Dipper said as he was about to touch the button to shut down the portal. "DONT TOUCH THAT BUTTON!" a voice said. We all looked at that direction and saw our gruncle Stan standing in a doorway, panting heavily. Dipper stopped his hand in motion, looked at the button then at gruncle Stan. "Dipper, just back away...please don't press that shut down button, Ya got'ta trust me." gruncle Stan said as he slowly made his way toward us. "And I should trust you why?! After you stole radioactive waste, after you lied to us all summer, I don't even know who you are!?" dipper shouted back angrily. All I could do was stand there in shock. "Look, I know this all seems nuts, but I need that machine to stay on,if you just let me explain-" he was cut of by a loud rumbling in the ground. "huh, oh no. Brace yourselves!" gruncle Stan yelled at us. At that moment we all started to lift off the ground. We all started screaming while flying in different directions. "Dipper!" I called out to my brother. My foot was stuck on a wire and I was so overwhelmed by everything that was going on. "mabel! Hurry! Shut it down!" he replied back. I trusted him and started to climb down the wire to get to the button. "no!" I heard gruncle Stan yelled out when I reached the button. "mabel mabel! Wait! Please! Stop!" then soos lunged out at him. "soos, you idiot what are you doing! I gave you an order!" "Sorry Mr. Pines, I have a new mission now. Protecting these kids!" "soos let me go!" he cried out. Then dipper lunged out at him and knocked him the other way. "mabel hurry! Press the red button!" my brother told me. "no wait! You got to trust me!" I was at the brink of tears by now. "gruncle Stan, I don't even know if your my gruncle." I couldn't keep my tears back anymore. "I want to believe you but-" "then listen to me, remember this morning when I wanted to tell you guys something-" "T-minus 20 seconds" they all screamed as the portal got stronger and pushed them up against the wall, pinning them there. I was about to press the button when gruncle Stan started talking again. "I wanted to say that your going to hear some bad things about me, and some of them are true. But everything I work for everything I care about, is all for this family" "mabel what if he's lying! This thing could destroy the universe! Listen to your head!" dipper blurted out. "mabel look into my eyes! Do you really think I'm a bad guy!" "mabel he's lying! Shut it down now!" "mabel please!" I was so torn. But when I looked into gruncle stans eyes, I made my decision. "gruncle stan......I trust you.." I said as I let go of the button. "mabel are you crazy! Now we're all gunna-" he didn't have time to Finnish his sentence. The portal was at full power. At that moment I was blinded by a bright blue light. I could feel myself lose consciousness for a few seconds. When I awoke, a strange man came out of the portal. He slowly made his way into the middle of the room and picked up a journal, and stuffed it in his black trench coat. "what, who is that?" dipper asked. "The author of the journals......My brother." gruncle Stan replied.

And at that one moment 5 years ago, everything went horribly wrong. Ever since that day, when Ford came out of the portal, we have had to fight for our lives. Sometimes I wish that I just pressed the button, then maybe none of this would have happend, and I would still have my brother. But that thought always goes away quickly, because I realize that all of this would have happend no matter what. But if I did press that button, we would probably be dead. Plus, if I did, we would have lost the leader of the resistance. The person who coordinates all the raids, hunts, and vandalisms. Without Ford, the resistance would be wiped from the globe, and forgotten. We are all that's left of human civilization. We are the only ones who can stop bill and gideon. Or so I thought...

So there's a prologue! Hoped you liked it! Also I just had to include that one flashback, so sorry if that bored you. One more thing, there might be minor swearing in the book so just a heads up. Hope you enjoyed and theres more to come! ~GFMaster