Chapter 4

"That's badass." Derek whispered. I rolled my eyes and scoffed in disgust. Silence fell between the group, and awkward eye contact was made throughout the group.
Victoria sighed, and said "Okay, everyone put your fingertips on the planchette." My fingertips crossed Evans' and my body went cold and shivers ran up and down my spine.
Derek spoke up, in a shaky tone.
"Is anyone here with us?" The candles flickered, and the small piece of wood moved down to the word "yes". A sudden burst of laughter erupted the room.
"Alright. Who did it?" Vic managed to get out between her laughter. I sighed because I was getting irritated. It wasn't me, and I know it wasn't anyone else. I decided it was my turn to ask a question, so I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.
"If we're actually speaking to someone or something, is there anyone in particular you'd like to speak to?" The planchette moved under our fingertips to the letter "C" and the eventually spelled out "Collin".
My heart dropped and I jumped up from the ground and slowly backed away.
"I have to say goodbye, don't I?" Derek began to laugh, "Duh. That's the rules." I squatted down onto the ground and placed my fingertips back onto the planchette and slid the wooden piece down to the word "Goodbye".
Everyone just sort of walked away and started leaving, none of us walked in a pack together this time. I was the last one out, and no one was intelligent enough to blow out the damned candles. I groaned in frustration and took my hands off the door and ran back over to the candles and blew them out. The room was pitch black. It was quite eerie, actually. I shuffled my way to the door and it slammed shut.
I reached for the doorknob, and the door wouldn't budge. I started yelling in hopes Vic would hear. The footsteps is what actually caught my attention. They sounded hard, and they were zeroing in on me particularly fast. I was slammed against a wall, and someone whispered in my ear, "You'll be dead soon baby, it just won't be a costume anymore."