The Final Walk

Andrea, Carol and Lavender stopped to take a breath.

"What now?" Lavender demanded.

"We hide until we get a plan!" Andrea yelled.

"Where?" Carol asked.

"Our quarry!" Andrea said.

"Where Amy..." Carol started.

"Yes!" Andrea screamed.

Lavender had no idea what do do or say now. They started to walk in a direction, only Andrea and Carol knew where they were all going.

"What about the others?" Carol asked.

"They left us... We leave them!" Andrea said.

They kept moving, Carol held the baby grippingly. She refused to drop this last piece memory of the group.

************************************

"What about our baby, Rick?" Lori asked.

"What do you mean?" Rick asked.

"I left the baby! We have to go back!" Lori shouted.

"It's suicide!" Daryl yelled.

"What about my baby?" Lori pleaded.

"We leave." Rick said simply.

They kept moving.

"So where are we going?" Carl asked.

"What about the quarry outside Atlanta?" Daryl suggested.

"It should be safe now. The walkers should have already passed by it." Carl said.

"Alright." Rick replied.

Now everything was done. Just forget about it. But Carl still thought about Sophia, he had actually loved her. Carl knew he would never be the same. Something snapped inside him, this was new, but it was done.

"Sophia." Carl pleaded to himself.

Carl felt played, like he was tricked. He had almost forgot about Rose!

But his feelings had passed for her, he still wants Sophia.

************************************

"I can't believe it!" Logan yelled, happy.

"Yeah." Rose said dryly.

"It worked!" Logan cheered.

"Yeah." Rose repeated.

"This is it: I led the walkers from the abandoned farm and they actually followed! Then it was on schedule, they took you in and we escaped!" Logan yelled happily.

"Yeah." Rose repeated again.

"What's wrong? It worked!" Logan shouted.

Rose developed feelings for him, for Carl. But what can she do? She owes Logan her heart. Her parents would be so dissappointed.

"I feel sick." Rose lied.

"Were you scratched or bitten?" Logan asked.

"No. But one of them were sick and I guess I got it too." Rose replied.

"Oh, ok." Logan said.

They walked back to the school. The real reason the town had no walkers was because the two killed the walkers. Two kids. They felt they could fight every walker in the world!

It was done.

But it felt a little too much like murder for Rose. She was uncomfortable.

"We should stick with the group. I saw some escape." Rose said.

"What? We did that to the group for a reason!" Logan yelled.

"I feel guilty." Rose admitted.

"Too bad. You'll live!" Logan argued.

That was it. Rose bolted away from Logan.

"Rose!" Logan yelled.

He followed but he lost her. We was alone. But then a twig snapped.

"Rose, I'm sorry." Logan said.

But it wasn't Rose. A walker! It clawed at his stomach, torn the skin off. It ate his insides. He was dead.

************************************

Rose ran, past many trees. She heard one cry.

"Rose!"

But that was it. Part of her mind was wondering what was happening, another told her to keep running, so she did. She thought she would find Carl again.

Rose already missed Lori. She was so kind, friendly, welcoming... But Rose had left Lori to die. Die in a horrible place: the prison. Rose felt she should wait, wait for her own death. Wait for a walker to take her down. But no, she kept running. Running until the end of earth, the end of humanity. But that would never happen. Rose believed Carl could survive the human extinction, the walking dead.