Stranded

Lavender sat in the darkness. Nothing to be heard but Moaning and Groaning, which was no music to her ears. But then she heard a helicopter in the distance, it got louder and louder, but then it drifted away. She now saw it. It had Harry and everybody else.

"Dammit", Lavender muttered under her own breath.

Lavender sat now in silence, no sound of walkers or helicopters. Also no light. She would, and could not sleep. It was nearly impossible.

************************************

That was it, Lavender finally saw daylight, not a sound or sight of a walker in the building but she was too scared to look out the window. Lavender walked out of the office, hardly scared anymore because she held her wand raised and tight, she wouldn't kill the walkers, only petrify. Lavender walked slowly and checked each office for food. Nothing. Each office had nothing.

Lavender heard footsteps, not her own, it was running footsteps. Lavender saw a glimpse of greasy, lush, red hair. It could only be one person. Ginny.

"Ginny!" Lavender called out.

"Lavender? Where's everybody else? They didn't_" Ginny said.

"No. Of course not." Lavender replied.

"Where are they?" Ginny asked.

"They stranded me. They took off in a helicopter!" Lavender said.

"Why'd they strand you?" Ginny asked.

"I was cut off by walkers. But they didn't notice. How'd you guess to come here to look?" Lavender replied.

"I saw the helicopter. So I guessed they'd be here", Ginny said.

"What happened to you?" Lavender asked.

"Like your story. I was cut off. I was in a kitchen and I saw walkers so I locked the door", Ginny replied.

"Harry ran throughout the building to look for you", Lavender stated.

"He must've cause the walkers to enter", Ginny said.

"Yeah. We left Draco." Lavender changed the subject.

"I hardly need to ask. Let's go!" Ginny said quickly.

"Wait, do you have food?" Lavender said.

"Yeah, here." Ginny replied, passing her a few apples.

Lavender devoured the apples, she lost her desire to eat. They ran down the stairs, the elevator didn't work. They got outside, the sun was beating against their skin, beads of sweat were trickling down their cheeks. There wands were out, they silently ran out of the city and saw about hundred abandoned cars.

Lavender took a glance at the distant city, Atlanta, and saw a dark, gloomy object walk towards them. Now another, another, another. A hord!

"Ginny!" Lavender cried.

"What?" Ginny replied.

"Hord!" Lavender screamed.

Ginny instantly knew what it ment. She ran beside Lavender and looked at about 50 walkers.

They started running, but they knew they would be seen if they kept following the road. Ginny was leading, she ran off the road and Lavender followed, the heat was beating on them. They blindly ran into the forest. They had to keep hidden.

But were they away from danger?

Lavender almost tripped a few times, Ginny ran swiftly and carefully on her feet, although her feet began to hurt. Ginny dropped down, Lavender joined her.

Ginny observed the surroundings, Lavender drank water and ate another apple. Their hunger and thirst wasn't as urgent, although rest was prior.

"Now what?" Lavender asked.

"We must rest", Ginny said.

"Why? Those things could be here at any moment!" Lavender argued.

"We can run then", Ginny said calmly.

"What?" Lavender demanded.

"You heard me", Ginny said.

"I'm not waiting for my death! We must go!" Lavender yelled.

Lavender stopped, she heard a snap of a twig. It wasn't Ginny, she was against a tree. Lavender looked around. A walker. No. Two. Three. More.

"Now we run!" Lavender cried.

"What?" Ginny screamed.

They were surrounded now. Only one way out is a gap between two walkers. They both dove between them, stumbled to there feet and ran again. The walkers must had walked right past them because some were in their way, they knew that because they knew they weren't going to the road to Atlanta again.

They jumped a fence, they'd lost the walkers far back. They kept running through a field and saw a house in the distance.

Lavender opened the door.

"Hello?"

Lavender saw someone. A family.