Part 28

"Wha-what?" Alec utters.

"You heard me! Alec I'm falling in fucking love with you and I don't even know shit about you!" I yelp, tears rushing down my face. "I don't know how old you are, I don't know if you kill people or do something else! Alec I don't know anything about any of you and it kills me!" My voice was croaky but I ignore it, instead I make my point.

"I... I have to go," Ronan's voice appears out of nowhere... for a second I thought it was just me and Alec. I look towards him, Ronan's eyes had turned dark and his face had black coloured veins attacking it. I gulp and step back in fear. But then he's gone. Just like that. Like a click of a finger.

"Where did he go?" I ask almost silently but obviously they could hear me.

"Cher, he needs time... the curse makes him practically devoted to you... and you just said to his face you love Alec, that's going to hurt and leave a scar," Tyler murmurs.

"I-I..." That's when I really broke. I fall to the floor in a clump. Tears falling uncontrollably.

So much has happened in so little time. I changed to make Jason jealous. Then I met Alec, the Dark Sider's scared me a little but my best friend Becky stood by me. I learnt their secret and nearly cracked, but I pushed through. Things were going okay but Becky and I fought, Emily helped me through it making the Dark Sider's angry. I knew about the curse, I cracked. Now I had told Alec my feelings that happened near enough over night. What did I ever do wrong to deserve all this?

"It's okay..." Alec's soothing voice pulls me out of my little flashbacks.

"What did you want to tell me?" I gulp, I need to know what else is going on... maybe it will give me answers.

"Cher..." I glare at him warning Alec no to even think about not telling me.

"We have a theory... we think you may be... Sela's daughter. She was pregnant with a child when we met her, Tyler has learnt about a thing called imprinting, its when-"

"When he or she is the only thing that ties you to the earth, you will be anything for them but end up as a lover," I mutter. The three of them raise an eyebrow. "What? I read the Twilight Saga!" Without commenting Alec continues.

"Well, apparently you can imprint on a child while it is still in the womb, Tyler thinks we imprinted on the child not Sela. When the girl was born Sela's mouther put an enchantment on the child meaning she would sleep until... simple way to put it is until the world was safe for her. Meaning when the curse was broken. Why Sela's mom did the curse in the first place I don't know but we are certain you are the child." Gasp. Gulp. Stare. Yeah that's about all I could do. Okay I didn't want to know! Alec and Ronan are imprinted to me, I only like Alec, I am the child of a woman that probably lived thousands of years ago. Thats kinda a lot to take in. But yet it makes sense. Mom and Dad had told me I was adopted when I was 10... I didn't really care, I was just happy to have parents. I never really had proper crushes, attracted to some guys yes but never love. Jason was never more than a crush I forced myself into loving.

"Alec can I please go home... this is kind of a lot to digest." He just nods and seconds later I'm in my room alone. At least I know some of the truth now... actually I couldn't care less I just want to forget the past couple of weeks. I fall to the floor.

"Thank you for inviting me into your home ma'am. Sorry about this... its nothing personal to you just I have to return something to your daughter," a man's voice floats up the stairs. I sit up stiffly. Ronan.