4% JC

cute imagine
I blinked away the tears that threatened to spill over the brim of my eyes, and swallowed hard.

I was at the one place I know I could feel at home. He could always make me feel like home. No matter where I was or who I was with, he could make me feel like it was only us two with the touch of her fingertip.

It was complicated, i was crying over just getting dumped, but thinking romantically about my best friend. I guess I've always known I had feelings for him, but how do you even begin to admit to that?

I sniffled a little bit and tried to wipe away whatever tears were on my face, and hoped my face wasn't too red. I wanted to look even the least bit presentable.

I took a deep breathe, and knocked. I stood there for about a minute, and I raised my hand to knock again before the door opened, revealing a seemingly disgruntled JC.

His hair was everywhere, his white t-shirt was partly rolled revealing his lower abdomen, and his sweatpants were held up by only a loose knot, not that I took particular notice to that or anything.

I figured that even though it was 11pm, i'd woken him up, he was like that, going to sleep as early as possible.

I tried to think of something to say, but my face probably covered it. He went from sleepy to alert in mere seconds and opened the door wider, moving out of the way so I could walk in.

"Sit down, tell me everything." He nodded towards the small table in the kitchen as he shut the door behind me, trailing me as I walked through the house.

As I reached to pull out a chair, he moved to do it quicker, and then pushed me in. As much as I wanted to sob, I chuckled. He raised an eyebrow as he sat down.

"I'm not a toddler." I said, looking into his brown eyes.

"Of course, now what's up?" He said, concern lacing his voice, I could hear him his her foot.

I explained the situation, I got dumped by my boyfriend of a year and a half. Well ex-boyfriend. It wasn't anything grand, no cheating or fighting or anything. We fell out of love.

I think the reason I was upset is because at one point I loved him more than anything, and now I felt nothing.

It was crazy how one day someone could be your entire world, and the next it was like they weren't anything.

JC rambled on with some cliche speech about how it wasn't the end of the world, and how it would get better. Being honest, I didn't come here for his advice because he wasn't the best at it. I just came because I knew he'd be there for me.

"Can we just watch a movie or something?" I cleared my throat, yet again wiping off the lingering tears I'd accidentally let slip.

"Anything you want to do." JC nodded, getting up. I did the same. "You know the drill." He said. I nodded.

He went to the living room to set up, I made the snacks. I simply put in the bag of popcorn. Resting my head on my palm as I watched it cook.

After a while, we were tucked in, under at least a few blankets. We sat side by side sharing the halfway empty bag of popcorn, and watching a movie that I honestly wasn't paying much attention too.

I was starting to get sleepy, and so was he. I could tell he was forcing herself to stay awake.

"Hey, it's fine. You can go to bed." I whispered.

"You don't have to tell me twice." He yawned. "But I have to tell you something." He said.

"What?" I questioned.

"I love you, I know it's not all that good of a time but-" he started to ramble.

"I love you too." I cut him off, and we fell asleep in a mess of cuddles.