Chapter 11 - Kiss and Trauma

SUPER IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, guys. This update is going to be split in two. The first part is this chapter, which is the majority of the, uh, chapter. The second part is just a single scene. A sex scene.

The reason why it's split is because of the WP rules. Basically, the sex scene is set to private which means ONLY people that are my followers can read it. No, I'm not doing this to get more followers. I just don't want to change the rating of this story to R for having a public sex scene and then have my story hidden in the WP search engines.

So there. If you wanna read the sex chapter, you know what to do. To be my follower, you just have to go to my profile and you will see which button to click/touch.

Thank you, guys. Please enjoy this super lengthy chapter.

Drawing by catou15 from DeviantArt

11.

Kiss and Trauma

"You really need to stop with that shit," Reyna said and jabbed her arm at Ram's throat before he could kiss her.

His laughter was half choked. "Oh, Sister."

"Don't 'sister' me." She pushed him away the best she could with her one arm.

His chuckle was low, painted with its usual disturbing, childlike quality.

Reyna scowled at him, sparing a glance to the door behind her. It wouldn't be long before Dante would step out from it. Reyna had run out of her ointment that morning-not that she felt she needed it anymore, but Dante would soon figure that out. She only hoped he would continue to participate in her wild goose chase, even if she did feel a little guilty about it. Reyna knew how exasperated Dante probably was right now, but she needed him gone. That was the only way she could ask her questions. If he would answer them was another thing in itself.

Ram looked like he had been dipped in ink and left out to dry in the sun. His face was a ski mask of black tendrils, reminding her of those tribal tattoos. Despite the rest of his body entirely covered in black now, he still-thankfully-wore clothes: jeans and a shirt Reyna felt she had seen on him when he was alive. He also wore that crazed leer that disturbed Reyna even more since a deep jade color had replaced the white of his eyes.

"What is it, Sister? You can tell me anything," Ram said, appearing pleased at Reyna's stare.

She suppressed a shudder. "I need to ask you something. But I need Aleric."

His smile slightly faltered, but he said nothing.

A heavy sigh escaped her nose and she rubbed her temple. "I don't have time for this. You just tell me. Can Lina help me revive the flower Mundus gave me? Can I become the next pillar?"

Ram tilted his head as if in wonder. "I do remember when that demon declared his love for you. Oh how you crushed his little demon heart, Sister."

"Answer my question, damn it." In her desperation Reyna grabbed Ram by the shirt.

"Yes," he said, his voice low and his eyes half-hidden under his lids, "her Dark Blood power can't be used by her, but it houses within her. It's almost like she's a fountain herself."

Reyna blinked at his sudden change in demeanor. He looked like he had traded in all his insanity for sadness. "Aleric?" she asked, releasing him.

He nodded. "But, Reyna, what you're asking...what you're planning to do...that's not the answer."

She bared her teeth at him and crossed her arms, forgetting she couldn't properly do such an action anymore. That infuriated her even more. "Everyone needs to stop telling me what not to do. I especially don't need to hear it from you. My decisions are my decisions!"