Chapter 30

I knew it, I knew it that something was wrong when I saw her face when the phone rang. We were just laying on the bed, her hair all over my face as I was playing with them, I loved the smell, the soft feeling when I touched them, I loved our tangled legs and our son that was laughing while sitting on my lap playing with mine and Lauren's fingers. He was intertwining them, looking at them, squeezing them, he even wanted to bite us sometimes but one look from Lauren and his word is shattered. When she yells at him, he always comes crawling into my lap, burrying his face into my chest as I rub his back gently.

Today has been the perfect family day, Lauren took a day off and I did too, this friday was supposed to be ours, but it turned out into a nightmare. The morning was perfect though.

I felt soft kisses all over my face and giggling sounds, "baby? Wake up and love your wife." I heard her say as she kissed my ear again and bit it gently, she kissed all the way down towards my neck and attack it with soft licks and sweet kisses. I turned around, away from her because I was actually in need of some sleep, Leo was awake almost all night and I let Lauren rest for the very first time in a long.

I think that that was my biggest mistake because I can't possibly sleep when she is kissing me like this. "Baby come on, I made us some breakfast already. But I was too tired to take a shower, I want to take one with you."

"Are you crazy? What about Leo?" She started giggling when I finally struggled to open up at least one eye. I was blinded by her beauty anyway and her sweet pecks, I wanted to move away but she was holding onto my face too harshly, kissing it all over sweetly.

"He is sleeping, after all he was awake all night. Come on let's take a quick shower and eat our breakfast baby," she pleaded as her hand fell onto my hair and she messed it up giggling like an idiot. That sight of her is my favourite, no make-up, messy hair, panties and bra, that's all she needs to be beautiful. "Stop you're killing me with your beautiful face." She kissed me again and again before she dragged me to the bathroom and basically threw me inside the shower.

Let's skip the shower sex and focus on our perfect breakfast and day, everything was perfectly fine until that phone rang. Her face fell immediately, I picked Leo up and gave her some space. We were playing in our bedroom when she rushed through the door, jumped into my arms crying furriously, "hold me, don't ever let me go." I was so scared, I literally didn't wanted to ask what was happening but I had to say something.

"Lauren, what's going on?" I managed to get it out and she cried even harder after that. It took her more than an hour to calm down. Leo was hugging us both, he is the best son ever, all the time we spent on the floor crying he was around us playing with his toys and from time to time he looked at Lauren's face, crawled next to her to wipe the tears that I accidentally left behind.

"Baby?" I tried when I realized that she was a bit better and when her green eyes found mine, there was something inside them that broke me even before she started talking, "two days ago we visited my grandma in the hospital do you remember?" Of course I remembered that woman was the first to tell me that she is happy that I am Lauren's wife and that she is happy that we are together. She always gave me the best advice on everything, Lauren adores that woman.

"She is gone Y/N, she is gone. Mom was at the hospital when it happened and she couldn't bring herself to tell me. She is gone and I don't get it, she looked fine two days ago, she looked fine yesterday. Why now?" My heart broke a little when I first heard it, but my heart broke completely when I was standing on the porch of her old house when I sat down next to grandpa and the first thing he said to us was, "she is coming back. She has to. That's not how I planned this, that's not how we wanted it to end. Either we leave together or I leave a day before her so I'd never have to live a day without her."