Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen (Adam)

I was viciously reminded of why I never went shopping.

Especially for clothes. And with women. Particularly women.

Mrs. Grey was ripping things off the racks faster than the eye could see. Julian and I stood in the huge dressing room, staring at the three mirrors that assaulted me with different angles of my reflection. I looked away from them to see the female employee following Mrs. Grey around, helping her riffle through things.

"Don't worry," Tony said from beside us, "She was like this when Julian got his first tuxedo." I glanced at him silently. Tony wasn't what I was expecting. It may be stereotypical, but I was expecting some flamboyant gay guy to be serving us, but Tony was anything, but. A ridiculously tall man with broad, muscular shoulders and tan skin with a black goatee and short black hair that glistened with gel that kept it in its modernly fashionable style. He wore a black vest over a black silk shirt to match his dress pants and shiny expensive shoes.

"I was five, though," Julian grunted, "And she scared the hell out of me throwing all this garbage at me. No offense, Tony." Tony smirked, leaning against the nearby wall, his arms folded over his chest.

"None taken, chico. I'm seriously starting to question my choice of careers as well." He admitted with a shrug, then pushed off the wall, coming forward as Mrs. Grey came forward with several different tuxedo styles and vests. I almost grimaced, but caught myself. I had never worn a tuxedo in my life, so I had no idea what I was doing as I tried on several different tuxedos. Some of them were too short, others too baggy, some of the vests just weren't the right shade of blue, others had ugly designs.

I used to think sitting in class all day, thinking about Julian, but not being able to touch him was pretty bad. I think trying on tuxedos for what felt like three hours was even worse. It didn't help that Mrs. Grey had a sharp tongue and would gladly tell me if something looked bad or that my hair was too sloppy.

"Ma, quit being so rude," Julian complained as he finished buttoning up a metallic blue, pinstriped vest on me, "He looks fine. You're just being picky."

"Oh no, I'm not," She responded sharply, as she patted down my shoulders, then gestured for Tony to come over and do a few measurements before writing them down, "Ugh, this one is awful. Vertical stripes have always been on my list of pet peeves."

"Then why did you grab it?" I deadpanned.

"Because I thought you could pull them off." Mrs. Grey drawled as if it were obvious, then snapped her fingers for me to take them off before she walked off with Tony to find another suit. I sighed, frustrated now as I undid the buttons a little more roughly than necessary, almost ripping a few off before Julian caught my hands. I frowned, looking into his face to see him studying me with those gorgeous blue eyes.

"It's all right," He soothed, rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles before leaning up to kiss me gently on the lips, "She's just excited. This is actually a good thing."

"She doesn't sound excited." I answered dryly, watching him unbutton my vest. My cock twitched when he stepped close enough so that his hips were almost touching mine. He slowly slid the jacket off my shoulders so it fell on the floor, then pushed the vest off along with it.

"Trust me, live with her this long, and you'll know that is the face of a woman who's ecstatic." He assured me with a playful smile. Seeing him smile made me relax. I liked seeing him smile, even with all the shit that was going on.

"Also... Uhm, I wanted to apologize about what Claire said." He muttered. I frowned as he unbuttoned my dress shirt. For a second, I had no idea which part he was apologizing for when I realized what he meant.