CHAPTER SIX - Dogsitting

"I don't understand why I'm not allowed to be with Remus when he's a werewolf." Sirius complained to Lily, the only one of the group not currently in the abandoned house Liam had found.

"Because last time you almost set the Shrieking Shack on fire, don't you remember? I saw the smoke from the dorm window and it took everything in me not to go screaming for Professor Dumbledore!" Lily scowled at the memory.

"That was one time, Lily!" Sirius answered in an exasperated fashion.

"Yes, but we don't want to burn anything down here since we're guests - Sirius Black, where the hell do you think you're going?" Lily demanded as the boy next to her stood up.

"To the house, where else? I’m not going to sit here when one of my best friends needs my help!” Sirius replied.

“Alessia’s replacing you, sit down.” Lily ordered.

“You’re not the boss of me.” Sirius said, childishly crossing his arms over his chest.

“Oh, please, Black, we both know I’m supposed to be babysitting you. Sit the hell down or I’ll hex you!” Sirius immediately plopped onto the hard ground, a look of terror on his face. He never fully got over that Impedimenta jinx Lily had performed on him the year before. "That's better. Just be patient, Padfoot (Lily and Alessia had also learned their code names), they should be out any minute."

"I still don't like - Oh, there they are!" Sirius shot up and ran towards the door of the abandoned house that James and Peter had just walked out of. "What the hell happened? Tell me everything!"

"Well, Remus first - Hey! The Silencing charm wore off!" Peter exclaimed, happily. James grinned and extended his hand to Sirius, saying "Pay up." Sirius grumbled about it but did pull the three Galleons out of his pocket and handed them to his best friend. Alessia and Remus stumbled out of the house.

"Ale!" Siruis called, and kissed her. 

"Nice to see you too, buddy." Remus muttered, giving Sirius one pat on the back and walking towards Lily. "How was he, Lilz?" He asked as if he was the parent coming home and wanting to know how his little boy had behaved.

"Not bad. He has the attention span of a fly, which helped a few times." Sirius pulled away from Alessia, who seemed confused why Sirius had just kissed her, and stuck his tongue out at Lily.

"Well!" James yelled, putting his arm around Peter, who was still marveling at the fact that his voice had returned. "I'm going to bed! Anyone else coming?"

"Me." Alessia said, gently pushing away from Sirius. James raised his eyebrows at her. "No, not like that! God, you guys have such dirty minds!"

"I'm coming, too, but in my own bed." Lily followed them back up the hill and looped her arm through Alessia's. They started whispering and giggling, instantly.

"I don't like the sound of that." Sirius admitted to the two remaining Marauders.

"You shouldn't." Remus said, patting him on the shoulder and running up the hill to catch up to the girls. They stopped whispering for a second, then Remus spoke and they continued.

"Damn, how does he know?" Sirius asked Peter, but he was just playing with his own tongue, as if he didn't have a care in the world, completely oblivious that someone was talking to him. "Wormtail!"

"Huh?"

"Alessia's cheating on me."

"She is not."

"How do you know?!"

"'Cuz I'm not a total arsehole to them and they tell me stuff; as simple as that, my dear Padfoot." Peter then started to slowly make his way up the hill.

"Does everyone know but me?!" He screamed into the nothingness. "Wait, I know who doesn't..." Sirius smiled and called up the hill as he ran: "Jamesie! Prongs!"