Chapter 29

Chapter 29

 It seemed as if the sun had risen from the opposite side. Surprised, I walked out of my room expecting to hear Marylyn shout out the house chores for me to do. But no such thing happened. Did my rebellion work? Did my step monster finally decide she was being hard on me? The mansion seemed to be empty because there wasn’t a single voice to be heard.

I decided not to push my luck; so, munching on a chicken sandwich I trotted out only to see a handsome boy waiting for me in a swanky car. Even now, looking at him was equivalent to opening my eyes in bright sunlight just after stepping out from a pitch dark room. Was it possible for a boy to be that good looking?

He was all mine; as if his good looks weren’t enough for me to feast my eyes upon. There he sat in his car looking all gorgeous in his checked long shorts and green polo shirt. Green wasn’t one of my favourites but the way it looked on him bound to make it one of my favourites.

“Hey baby,” he leaned towards me and gave a little peck on my cheek.

“Hey,” I blushed. Great, I had to blush every time I met him. Where was my entire earlier attitude going? I knew it was all lost to me now. I could definitely kiss the player in me goodbye because now I was hooked for good. I was certainly in love.

“Did Marylyn say anything to you last night?” he asked starting the car.

“Yep, but I didn’t take any crap from her. I also told her that I’m going out tonight for a party.”

“And she didn’t say anything?” he asked stunned.

“Weird right.”

“It’s completely weird.” He smiled at me, “I’m so glad Tia…you finally stood up. We are going to have so much fun tonight.”

“It’s our first party together.”

“You bet it is.”

***

“Gah!” Chas smacked her hand on her forehead.

“Girl…what’s wrong?” I questioned a disgruntled looking Chas.

“This stupid assignment…it’s just so difficult!”

“Let me help you.”

“You better. I am going for a party at Vivienne house…bleh…just for you.”

“First Stacy…now Vivienne. You always need a person to hate, don’t you?” I teased her.

“You don’t know her like I do Tee,” she said seriously. “Eww what are those fat girls in horrendous clothing doing here?” Chas mimicked Vivienne.

I had to laugh after observing Chas’ accurate imitation. “She is not that bad…plus she is Blaze’s best friend.”

“That boy will only learn after he is kicked where it hurts.”

“Chas!”

“Let’s not talk about this…you have an assignment to help me in.

The day at school finished really quickly as I shuffled between different classes and chatted with my friends. Blaze was a real gentleman; he insisted on holding my books to the amazement of all the students.

Stacy hadn’t come to school. Bulimia had taken a toll on her and she had recently got a fainting spell. The stupid eating disorder had made her really weak. She had to go to the hospital for check up. Thankfully, it hadn’t got very serious according to the school nurse and counsellor but still she needed help.