Crash and Burn

Lillia

          "Where are we going?" I asked Alex, since I didn't recognize any of the streets we were taking. "I already told you, it's a surprise." He told me as he went back to focusing on the road.
        When we stopped the car and got out I was astounded by the view. The sun was setting over the beach as the waves crashed onto the shore. "Wow." I said "it's beautiful, right?" Alex said.
        As I continued to watch the sunset, Alex set up for our date. When I finally pryed my eyes away from the golden sky, I looked down to see a whole picnic set up on the sand. "Why don't you sit down." Alex told me and we both sat down on the blanket.
        Alex took out sandwiches, fruit, waters, and chips from the basket and set them down on two plates. I chuckled at his attempt to make a nice dinner. "What, do not like sandwiches?" He asked me. I just laughed harder. "No, I love them, this looks great." I said gesturing towards the food in front of us.
As we started eating we talked and watched the sunset. "So how have you liked our school?" He asked me. "Well it's school so that's a bit of a bummer, but there are perks."
I said flashing a smile at him. He smiled back and I asked him a question. "I don't really know all that much about you, you should tell me about yourself."
"Well, I was born here, and lived here all my life. I don't like bananas or tomatoes, and this might be surprising, but I've never dated anyone." He told me. "I guess I'll just have to return the bananas and tomatoes I got you for your birthday then." I said and we both started laughing really hard, then he started choking on his water and we laughed even harder.
Alex kept on telling me more about his childhood and the foods he doesn't like, and after a few hours the sun had set all the way and it was starting to get cold.

Alex

When I looked over at Lillia I noticed she was shivering. I quickly took off my jacket and put it around her shoulders. "Thanks, Alex." She said with a grateful smile. "It's getting late, we should probably go back." I said and we got up and walked to my car.
The ride back seemed much shorter than the ride there, and was mostly filled with small talk. We got out of the car and headed inside my house. "Here, you should probably take this." Lillia said handing me back my coat.

Lillia

"I had a great time tonight, thank you so much." I said as we both took one step closer to each other. "Me too" he said. There was an awkward moment that dragged on as we just stared at each other, not knowing what to do.
I decided to say something. "We should do this agai-" I was cut off by Alex slamming his lips on mine, and it felt like the world had stopped for a minute.
When we parted, after what was probably a few seconds, felt like hours. There was a heavy silence, that no one
was brave enough to break. But thankfully someone did break the silence. "Uh, see you in school." Alex said as he watched me walk out the door and get in my car.
Tonight was interesting, and amazing. I got in the car and started driving home. I was so excited and confused all jumbled together. I liked the kiss but did Alex like it too? All of a sudden I heard my phone vibrate.
Alex texted me: Tonight was amazing and I want to ask you, will you be my girlfriend? I finished reading the text and went back to focusing on the road as I thought about my answer. I picked up my phone and texted back: yes. I hit send then looked back at the road.
Coming straight towards me was semi, and the last thing I remembered was hearing a huge crash, then seeing black.