The Note

Lillia

        Alex and I looked at each other nervously. "The note says: I think Mrs. Baker wins the award for most boring teacher ever." I say trying to keep a serious face and not laughing. I could tell Alex was too.
        "Do you think this is funny! Detention both of you!" She boomed making everyone a little nervous.
        "It was just a joke." Alex said for both us, as neither of us wanted detention. "Detention will be held this Saturday morning at 8:30, don't be late."
        We looked at each other dumbfounded. Detention on our first day of school? This is going to be a great year.

~~~~

        The rest of the week dragged on as we waited for our impending doom of Saturday detention to draw near. Alex told me he could take me to the school, since I didn't have my license yet. As I walked into the school with Alex, I was nervous because I had no idea what to expect.
I had never gotten detention before. I told my mom that I was going shopping for some new clothes with a friend. It wasn't a complete lie since I was planning on going with Alex right after detention was over.
In the classroom was about 10 students and 1 teacher, Mrs. Baker. Oh no. I sat down with Alex giving him a slightly nervous look.
"Good morning everyone, I'm Mrs. Baker if you don't know me. I do detentions a little differently then the other teachers. Today you guys will be cleaning different parts of the school."
The students responded with zombie-like faces, obvious that they were not happy about spending their Saturday morning cleaning the school. "Freshman, you will be sweeping the hallway floors. Sophomores, you will be cleaning the bathrooms. Juniors you get to dust the classrooms. Last but not least, seniors, you will be washing my car." She said smiling.
Everyone slowly started to get to work. All the supplies were in a closet in the hallway, after getting what we needed, I headed to the bathrooms, ands Alex went to a classroom to dust. There were only two sophomores so we split up going to different bathrooms.
I began by mopping the floors, which didn't take long since the school had small bathrooms. Next I put the cleaner in all the toilets, which was a weird blue color. Last I wiped down all the sinks and sanitized all the handles of the stalls.
By the time I was done, about an hour and a half had passed. I stopped in and told Mrs. Baker I was done and she told I was free to go. I left the school and quickly went to Alex's car.
"Are you ready to go shopping?" I asked him as I got into the passenger seat. "Yep, but first we are going to pick up a few people."
We picked up Derrick, then Becca and Justin, who apparently were in an on and off relationship. It was on right now. We arrived at the mall and all walked in together. The guys went off to a sketchy T-shirt place and Becca and I went off to go to Victoria's Secret.
        "I don't think we've actually talked alone before." Becca said as we walked through the mall. "I don't think we have." I said thinking about all the times we've talked in our group of friends. "This is fun, we should hang out sometime." We laughed and got to know each other better as we shopped and it was great.
        I found out that her dad walked out on her family just like my dad had. We also both loved to watch YouTube and were incredibly lazy. We were actually pretty similar.
        The mall was huge and after everyone went to the stores they wanted to go to, we met in the food court for lunch. We all ordered our sandwiches and sat down.
        "How was detention?" Derrick asked Alex and I. "Just great!" I said sarcastically.  "Did you hear that Katie is having a huge party at her house tonight?" Justin asked as he put his arm around Becca's shoulder.
        "Who'sh Kahtie?" I asked with my mouth full. "She's the most popular and slutty girl in the whole school." Becca said. "I heard she dated the whole football team." Derrick said, reminding me of my favorite movie mean girls.
        "I didn't date her!" Alex practically shouted to us. "I was exaggerating, look it up." Derrick said to his buddy. We finished eating and threw away our trash. Everyone took there purchases and headed back to Alex's car.
        "Shotgun!" I shouted running to get to the passengers seat. "Dang it!" Derrick shouted back and I stuck my tongue out in his direction.