Grounded

Lillia

"Do you have any idea what time it is young lady!" My mom said as she got up from her place on the couch. "Mom, I'm so sorry I didn't realize how late it was and I accidentally spi-" I was then interrupted. "Room. Now. Oh, and you're grounded for a week."
I sulked off to my room feeling furious. A whole week! What am I going to do? I decided to deal with being grounded tomorrow. I quickly changed and got into my bed since I was exhausted from my crazy night.
I awoke with a pounding headache and the realization that I'm not allowed to leave the house for a week other than school. I got out of my bed and walked into the kitchen for some breakfast. I ate my pop tarts in front of the TV as I watched some old Cupcake Wars reruns.
My mom left a note on the counter with a list of chores for me to do. Oh yay! After I finished doing the dishes, vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning my room, I was finally free to do whatever I wanted. Without leaving the house that is.
I checked my phone to see that Alex texted me in a group message with our group that went to the party. It said: "football game today, you can come if you want." Becca texted back that she was "not interested in sports whatsoever" and I laughed.
I texted back to tell them I was grounded and couldn't go. A few seconds after I set my phone down on the table it buzzed again. Becca: "hey I know you're grounded but how about I sneak some pizza in and we can watch a movie." I texted her back a thumbs up and pizza slice emoji.
She told me she was on her way to get pizza and I went to change out of my pajamas. 45 minutes later I heard a knock at the door. I was greeted with a very relived and tired-looking Becca.
"Thank god this is the right one. The elevator was broken and I had to take the stairs. Then I knocked on what I thought was your apartment door, but some old man answered. It was horrific."
I let her inside and I could tell she was out of breath. "I'm so not in shape." She wheezed out and we both started laughing. "Do you want some water?" I offered. And she nodded furiously.
After she drank the water and caught her breath we started to make a little fort to watch the movie in. "What movie did you get?" I asked "It's called Mean Girls, I've never seen it." Said Becca.
I gasped. "You've never seen Mean Girls!?!" She looked at me with scared eyes and responded "No, but I'm going to guess that you have." She said. I laughed and put the movie in. As it loaded we went to the kitchen to get pizza. We also got some candy from the cabinet.
We carried our heaps of food to the living room and started watching the movie.

~~~~

Becca ended up loving the movie and we talked about it as we cleaned up the mess we'd made. There was candy all over the floor and pizza sauce on the couch cushions.
Becca left after we were finished cleaning since my mom would be coming home soon. I finished cleaning the dishes we'd used and sat back down on the couch. Soon after I sat down I heard the door open and saw my mom walk in.
After she set her stuff down she checked the house and my to-do list to see if I'd actually done them. "So what did you do today?" She asked me. "Nothing." I responded.