Full of Suprise

Lillia

        It's Monday, now a month into
school. I finally got my license and can drive. I don't have a car though so I still really don't have that much freedom. I have been hanging on with Alex a lot more lately. Last Friday we went to the movies together but he said it was NOT a date.
As I walked up to my locker I noticed Alex come up to me. "Hey Lillia, how's it going?" He asked. "Uh, fine." I responded, a little confused. For some reason Alex was acting weird and our conversation was very awkward.

Alex

Ok, now you just have to tell her you need to ask her a question. "Hey Lillia, can ask you question?" I asked her. "You just did." She responded. I had to force a laugh since I was so nervous. I never get nervous around girls I like.
"Um, do want to go out on a date with me?" I finally worked up the courage to ask. "She looked at me with a half surprised, half happy look. What was probably a few seconds, felt like hours as I waited for an answer.
        "Yeah, I'd like that." She responded, and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding in. "Ok, cool! How about you meet me at my house on Friday at 6?
        "Yeah ok, Friday." She said looking at me with her beautiful blue eyes . "I'll see you there." I said flashing a smile in her direction.

Lillia

I may seem chill about Alex and I's date, but I'm really freaking out. What am I going to wear? Shoes? Hairstyle? Ugh, I need some help. I picked up my phone and texted Becca and filled her in on what happened.
She texted back with a surprised emoji and told me that she would love to help me pick out what to wear, and everything to get ready for my date. The rest of the week of school was even more boring than usual since all I could think about was the date.
I was so nervous and it excited, it clouded my thoughts and it was hard to focus. After school on Friday Becca gave me a ride to the mall so I could pick out an outfit. We went to a bunch of stores and tried stuff on, but we had no luck. Why did everything have to be so expensive?
As we began walking towards the mall's exit, a dress in a shop window caught my eye. It was a black lace dress that stopped a little above the knee. It had an open back and half-sleeves. The best part of the dress though? It was on sale!
We both quickly went into the store and made our way to the back, where the dresses were hanging on racks. I pulled my size dress of the rack and went into the dressing room right next to me. I put it on, anxious to see it on me. I walked out and looked at myself in the mirror.
It was perfect. "You look b-e-a-utiful, Becca said partially spelling out the word beautiful as she said it. "Now we just need to find shoes." I told Becca as I went back into the dressing room to change out of the dress.
We bought the dress then headed back farther into the mall for shoes. We found a pair of black 1-inch lacey-looking heels. They matched the dress perfectly and I was so happy I had my outfit all picked out.
By the time we finished I only had an hour and a half to get ready. Becca dropped me off at my house and I ran up to start getting ready. I put on my makeup first then I put on the dress. Last I put my hair in a half up, half down style.
I filled my head with bobby pins just to be safe, then grabbed my purse and headed to the door. I got into my moms car and started the ignition. As I headed for Alex's, I jammed out to Bon Jovi and Journey songs.

Alex

I heard a knock on the door while I checked my hair in the mirror. When I opened the door, my mouth dropped open. "Y-you look beautiful." I said to Lillia, taken aback by how pretty she looked. "Thank you, you look very handsome yourself." She told me back.

Lillia

        I walked into Alex's house and he grabbed a basket and told me to follow him to his car. "Where are we going?" I asked him as I shut the passenger door. "It's a surprise." He said.