Chapter - 8 Coffee for Two

It has been exactly one week since I've talked to Harry.

The entire week my mind was filled with thoughts of him. How perfect his lips fit on mine. How he picked me up with ease. How beautiful his deep green eyes were.

We would casually nod and smile at each other as we passed by on the side walk, or when we both were outside tossing the trash, but other then small reserved gestures, we haven't spoken. I was trying my best to avoid him in a mature matter. Any time he would try speaking to me I would cut him off with a lame excuse as to why I could not talk. I couldn't allow him to make me feel like I was the best thing that's ever happened to him, just to rip it to shreds as he takes another unsuspecting woman to a dinner date. I wondered what he was thinking. 

The worst part about all of this was how he easily got under my skin. I hated being vulnerable. Everything I am afraid of being he brings out in me, and I'm not sure whether I liked it or not.

I needed to clear my head for a while. Get away from myself. I decided a nice walk down the road to the cafe would help.

I had my usual attire on, sweatpants, tanktop, and messy hair. I decided I should atleast apply some mascara so I could look a tiny bit presentable.

The chilly air engulfed my body as I opened the front door. I let out a silent grunt and continued rubbing my forearms to try and keep the heat contained in my body. The weather was always so bipolar around this time of the year.

I turned out of the driveway toward the cafe. Just to be safe, I made sure I was on the other side of the street before making my way in front of Harry's house. I kept my head low. Each step I took I focused more on the stones in the cement. When I was safely past his house, I took a deep breath letting out all of the strain that was built up inside of me.

-*-

There weren't many people in the cafe, thankfully.

I opened the glass door and let the smell of freshly ground coffee enter my body. There wasn't a line so I immediately walked up to the front.

A girl with short sleek blond hair stood smiling sourly, keeping her attention at a near by table. I could only see the side of her face, revealing her very defined nose. She was practically leaning over the display. Despite her odd behavior she seemed very happy with herself and her job. Her attention still drawn on whoever was in the corner of the cafe, she asked what I wanted.

I didn't respond right away, hoping that she'd turn in my direction to reveal her face.

Realizing that she never recieved an answer she snapped her head in my direction.

I couldn't really tell who was more shocked, me or her.

"Well look who it is!" She quickly smirked realizing that we once again were in contact, only Harry wasn't here to get in the way of anything..

"Hello Robyn. I didn't know you worked here?"

Her cheeks flushed red. "It's just for community service, looks good to those 'higher up' people."

Completely changing the subject she asked me a very odd question: if I was here to meet anyone, Particularly Harry,

I was kind of taken a back. Why was she interested in whether I met him here or not?

"Uh.. no. I'll just take a small ice coffee, please." I rummaged through my wallet to pull out a five when a co-worker pulled Robyn a side.

As she approached the counter, her face turned from a fake sweet smile, to a sour glance.

"Your drink was paid for. No need." She turned her eyes away from me to the register. "Here." She slid the tiny receipt to me, then quickly took it back. "Oh, you won't be needing this will you?"