Chapter - 7

-Margaret's Dream-

The hallway.

That hallway.

The hallway I was forced to walk down everyday.

The whispers were never quiet, and the comments were never friendly.

"Ew. The preacher's daughter." They were holding their noses. "She smells AGAIN. Did your daddy make you suck jesus' dick all night?" Everyone started laughing and backing away as I sped past them.

I felt the tears ready to burst from my eyes at any moment. My fists were clenched as I held back from breaking down in front of everyone.

My long brown skirt was being stepped on by someone.

My back was then pushed up against my locker.

"Hey Margo, it's Friday, gonna let everyone smell your fish?" She got closer to my face. "Well? Gonna answer me Margo?"

I shook my head, unable to speak. A crowd of other students stood around watching. Some laughing. Some egging her on. Some just staring, speechless. Why weren't they saying anything?

"What was that? A yes? Come on then, take off your skirt! Let them smell you." Her hands started tugging down my skirt.

I was shaking and crying hysterically.

"Linds. Linds stop okay? It's enough."

His voice. I didn't recognize it, but it seemed to stop her.

She stopped what she was doing and faced him. "What did you just say?"

Everyone was silent now.

"I said.. uh.. that we embarrassed her enough.. let's just wait until there's even MORE people and we can pants her okay?"

She stared at him, then back at me, and laughed.

"Whatever." She shoved me against the locker once more before walking away dragging the boy who saved me with her.

Everyone watching just carried on with their day, got where they needed to go.. a few people gave me looks of sympathy, but never spoke to me as they left.

I sat there crying.

I never did catch the boys name..

-End Of Dream-

"Marg.. MARGARET GET UP."

I woke up to the sound of Ronnie's lovely voice screaming at me. His tiny hands were punching me in the arm.

I felt tears streaming down my face. This was the third night in the row I relived the same day over and over in a dream.. but nothing changed, It was never a different ending from the one I lived. Maybe it wasn't really a dream then was it?

"What do you want? Go back to bed." I stuck my cheetah print pillow over my head in an attempt to make him go away. I didn't need him seeing me like this.

"If you say so.." He sped out of my room slamming the door behind him.

He gave in too quick. Why did he give in so quick, he never gives in that quick? I practically flew from my bed in search of my phone. Where was my phone?! What time was it?!

"RON GET IN HERE!" I checked myself in the mirror, wiped away some tears and stood as tall and stern as I could.

He was trying to hide his giggles as he walked in, which he failed at doing so.

"Hmm?" He swung his arms around innocently.

"Where's my phone? I know you took it." My eyes scanned his tiny body for any bulges in his pj's. For being only 7 years old he was pretty conniving and smart.