Chapter - 2

*PRESENT*

"Damn it." I mumbled to myself. The lid to the grape jelly was stuck yet again. It never failed to jam when I needed it opened in the most desperate of times. My pink fuzzy slippers making slush sounds as I dragged my feet over to sink. I let the hot water run for a minute, then gently put the jar under the water so it wouldn't touch my sensitive skin.

"Finally." Mentally giving myself a high five, I hurriedly continued making my brothers lunch. I double checked everything, making sure I gave him the proper food then scurried off upstairs to ensure he was ready to go.

"Hey bum you ready for the first day back?" I sat on his bed so I was level with his face. I was only 5'1 so this was not a hard task to do. I tussled with his bleach blond hair taunting him.

"Don't touch me gross." He flinched away fixing his hair in the mirror.

My 7 year old brother, who thought he was 25, never failed to come up with something smart to say to me.

I giggled at his response. "Alright big shot, second grade's calling your name. We need to get you to the bus stop."

He turned his body to face me, looking at me with those same big blue eyes I've always known. He pouted his lip in an effort to make me change my mind. "Do I haaaaaaaaave tooooooo?"

"Yeeeees. Now get moving."

He ran past me, grabbing his Spider-Man lunch box, and matching book bag, and waited for me by the door.

As I exited his room, I took one last look at myself in the mirror. Messy bun, big sweatpants, a tank top, and big pink slippers. And to top off my cliche look I had a snowman mug filled to the top with vanilla cappuccino.

"Hmm.." I squinted my eyes and continued walking down the stairs.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Lets go Margaret!" Ron screamed as he began running towards the pack, of what seemed like, 25 other young kids. The entire sidewalk was crammed with different colored book bags and many different shades of hair. I never had trouble picking Ronnie out of a crowd of other children because of his distinct hair color.

That was the only feature I was grateful our mother had given him.

"I thought you didn't wanna go eh?" I screamed, giving him a smirk that was left unnoticed.

As I approached the bus stop, I was greeted by the parents who were already there waiting with their children. The same ones blabbering on about the same things, only it was a new school year. An entire NEW year for them to talk about how their child did this or that.

As they talked, I found myself just staring at their faces, noticing small details about each one. The man that stuck out to me the most had an abnormally large nose with tiny hairs poking through his nostrils.

Just as one of the moms was about to pull out her phone to show me newly taken family photos the sound of the bus could be heard from the block down.

"Oh would you look at that? I think the bus is coming. What a shame!" I put my hand on my hip and quickly took a sip of my coffee to try and emphasize the realism, which didn't work in my favor.

I wasn't very good at lying.. or being sarcastic.

"Oh darn it I gu-" Just as Nancy began to speak Ron cut in, talking like John Travolta from Grease.

"Nancy, babe, she doesn't care. Give up won't ya doll face?"

All of Ron's little friends giggled just as the bus pulled up. I was tempted to laugh, but held back the giggles and hushed Ron.

"Ron! Apologize right now! I am so sorry Nancy.. you know how boys are!" An unamused Nancy slammed her phone shut and kissed both her sons on the forehead and sent them off.

I shoved Ronnie towards the bus, whispering into his ear before he planted his foot on the first step."Nice one kiddo. Ice cream when you get home?" I smiled turning him to face me.

He jumped up and down excitedly. "YAAAAAAY!" I slapped his butt making him run onto the bus. I heard him faintly scream "bye". I couldn't make out exactly what he said over the other kids talking.

"Nancy." I held my mug up to her to make it seem as if I was drinking. I didn't stay to observe the expression on her face, but by the laughs of the others around her, it most likely was worthwhile.

I kept replaying what had just happened over and over again in my mind making me giggle uncontrollably, often losing my balance making me stumble. When I was crossing the street I took one final sip and noticed that on the bottom of the mug, someone drew an awful shaped banana in black sharpie.

"Oh my god." I spit out the remaining remnants of cappuccino carelessly.

"Whoa, Morning to you too." He laughed as he spoke. His voice was raspy and deep.

I lifted my head reluctantly, knowing my face was a bright shade of pink.

"I am so sorry. I am a bit clumsy this morning. Let me take your shirt I'll wash it for you." The words spilled out of my mouth uncontrollably.

He laughed deeply putting his hands in front of him. "No don't worry about it really, it was my fault for standing in your.. erm.. line of fire?"

We both laughed at his choice of words. "Alright, if you insist." I shyly spoke as I stared up at him, taking in his features. He had the prettiest eyes I'd ever seen in my entire life. They were a beautiful color green. Every time he smiled, or laughed, his dimples became more prominent. His curly hair fitting around his face perfectly. But, what took me back the most was his height. He had to be at least almost a full foot taller then me.

I felt my face get hot again, as there was a moment of awkward silence. "Well, I'll get going then. Sorry for.. that." I pointed to the large brown stain on his white t-shirt. I darted of quickly towards my house when i felt a grip on my elbow.

"Uh I didn't catch your name?" He pulled me closer to him. His eyes never leaving mine.

We stood there, just staring at each other for a moment. When I opened my mouth, forgetting how to say my name.

"Mar..Margaret. I'm Margaret." I could not believe i mispronounced my own name.

His eyes widened in curiosity, "That's a lovely name. I'm Harry." He stuck out his large hand taking mine in a handshake.

"Harry.. That's a... cool name." I quickly turned around realizing how foolish I sounded and began quickly walking to my house, tripping over my own feet.

I heard him chuckle at my clumsiness bringing a small smile to my face.

I opened the door and set my mug down on the coffee table in living room. I was too anxious to do anything else.

"Eeeek." I flopped onto the couch excitedly still thinking about the handsome guy I had just met. He wasn't anyone I ever saw around here. Maybe in the four years we lived here, I hadn't had time to notice an attractive guy like him, or think one would notice me.

I dozed off, but was immeditaly woken back up when an annoying beeping sound came from outside. I plopped up to take a peek outside my window. There was a large orang and green tuck that read "Rent-A-Truck. Moving&Storage."

That's when I saw Harry, carrying in a large box labeled "H's clothes"

I smiled to myself readjusting on the couch.. My thoughts running wild. I couldn't get my mind away from his beautiful eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Okay guys chapter 2.

ALSO took me forever. its 2:10 am. But its finished. yay.

Questions:

1. Do you think Margo and Harry will become closer?

2. What will Ron think?

Please leave your feedback. Muahh.