Chapter - 3

After watching over 100 reruns of Friends, I flipped my body on its side so the large clock was in view. It read to be exactly 11:30. Realizing I still had the whole day ahead of me, I gently tossed the remote to the opposite end of the couch, and stood up stretching my arms and back. I swear every single bone in my body decided to crack in that moment, which startled our new kitten. 

I giggled as I spoke, "Awe Maybelle, I'm sorry baby. Did momma scare you?" I traced her bony spine with my index finger, causing her to let out a soft purring sound. She wiggled her tiny tail in the air letting me know I was soothing her.

"I think I deserve a shower." I said to myself, as I stared into the small oval shaped mirror hanging on the living room wall. The sight of my messy hair and coffee stained tank top displeasing me. "Dontcha think Maybelle?" I scooped her up and laid her on the sofa, giving her one last petting before leaving.

I walked up the stairs slowly, wishing I had taken my shower last night. With every step, I slowed down even more, my laziness taking over my body. 

Upon opening the door, I found my brothers red and black tidy widys lying in the middle of the small room.

"Err.. gross." I held my nose together with my hand when I bent over to pick them up. I made sure to keep them an arms distance length away from my face. I drastically searched for something to put them in. Once I found the laundry basket hiding in the corner I dropped them in and slammed the lid shut.

I turned the hot water on high, and let it run for a few moments while I undressed myself. I jumped into the shower quickly leaving a trail of clothes behind me. I've always had a fear someone was watching me, even though it was physically impossible to reach the window on the second floor.

I let the hot water hit my skin, taking in the new warmth my body felt. I allowed my body to sink onto the floor, where I was left leaning against the back wall of the shower. My legs tucked into my chest, keeping me warm. The sound of the water hitting the floor sent me into a deep trance. I found myself lost in thought, lost in my emotions, lost in everything I could be lost in. I always knew how to put on a smile. It wasn't that hard to physically move your mouth a certain way, I do that everyday. The hard part is being able to physically hold back my emotions. I struggled day by day, to support Ron and be strong for him. But who was there to be strong for me? Let me cry when I needed too? No one, and that's how it always was.

As I went to wipe away a tear falling down my face, the door bell rang. I stood up, not knowing what it was until it rang a second and third time.

When I realized it could only be the delivery man dropping off what I ordered, I hopped out of the shower, not even bothering to try and put clothes on. The last time I ordered something, I completely forgot the time they said to be ready and slept right through it. That scenario did not end in my favor. 

"Shit. Shit. Shit." 

The only towel left in the drawer was a short pink one that was meant for your hair.. only.

I threw it around my body, trying to cover as much as I could and dashed down the stairs to the door.  I unlocked the top lock and flung open the door. The glare of the sun forcing me to keep my head lowered.

"I am so sorry, it blew past my mind..again, as you can see." I was fidgeting around, my focus on the bottom of my towel. "You'll have to excuse me, I was in the shower and I didn't have time to change. Hang on I'll go grab a pen." As I turned to leave, my delivery man decided to speak.

Harry's deep laughs made me freeze in my footsteps. I clumsily turned around to face him. My reflection in the door confirming my embarrassment.  

"Harry. Oh my God this is so embarrassing. I didn't.. I thought you were the delivery guy and I just. Sorry.." My voice trailed as I bit my lip nervously. I shut the door mid-way hoping I could cover myself. 

"No, don't be sorry, I enjoyed the view." he gave me a cheeky smile making me giggle. I felt his stare burning into me. "Can I come in?" 

"Oh yeah sure." I maneuvered myself behind the door so there was a barrier between me and Harry.

"Just let me finish up then we can chat." I threw him a smile and ran back upstairs, nearly tripping halfway up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in front of the mirror examining myself, making sure every aspect was perfect. My grey shirt complimented my blue eyes, along with my flats and white leggings. My hair was left down in its natural waves, flowing just above my bum. Satisfied with what I saw I continued my journey down the stairs.  

"Alright. Sorry about that. Do you want me to get you anything?" I noticed Harry was missing from the coach. 

"Harry?"

I wondered around aimlessly, trying to figure out where could have he ran too. As I reached the kitchen, I saw a neatly folded note lying on the counter near the fridge. I unfolded the note. It was written neatly in black pen. 

                                    Margaret, 

                                   Meet me at the Rain forest Cafe at 12:30.. clothed.;)

                                                                    H.x 

I smiled shyly to myself, taking in what had just happened. I propped myself onto the counter and swung my legs back and forth like a child, rereading the note over and over. 

"Wow.." I gripped the note tighter, making sure I wasn't hallucinating. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hands were sweating as I pulled out of my narrow drive way. I never could back up in a car very well, so why not add the pressure of meeting a guy?

As I was driving down the road, or stopped at a stoplight, I found myself smiling. Smiling because of a silly note.

Smiling because of him

He's a keeper.                     

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Alright so this chapter isnt that great.. sorry. Made it kinda of rushed!

I see interaction between Margo and Harrrrry. (;

Please comment and vote.x Thank you (: