Jily part 3

A few weeks had passed and Lily had found herself staring at James a lot more than she had before. What was it about him that took away all of her concentration? It might have been the playful smiles he threw at her across the common room, the charming things he said to her, or maybe it was just him. It was almost as if he had put her under a spell, a spell that made her weak in the knees anytime she saw him. She constantly had to ask herself what in world she was doing.

“C’mon Lily, get a grip. This is James we are talking about. The very same arrogant, stuck up jock who could hardly charm a girl.” Lily told herself as she pounded her fist on her forehead for the umpteenth time. She had been trying to focus on her homework for the last hour, in the quite of the library.

“Who can hardly charm a girl?” Lily sat up and looked behind her. James was bent forward, his head cocked to the side, his hand holding his bag on his shoulder. Lily shook her head.

“No one, I was just talking to myself.” She tucked a stray hair behind her desperately trying to hide her embarrassment. “What are you doing in the library?” James stood up straight, and shrugged his shoulders, looking around the empty library.

“Just looking for a quiet place to study. Mind if I join you?” Lily shook her head and made a sweeping motion with her hand.

“Go ahead.” James thanked her and walked around the table to the bench on the other side. He set his wand on the table before sitting down and emptying the contents of his bag. He took out a book and flipped through the pages until he found the potion we had been learning about that day. Lily watched him make a few notes in his book and then offered a suggestion before going back to her own work.

“Hey Lily?” James asked, the both of them still working.

“Yeah?”

“Are you coming to the Quiddich match this weekend?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I?” James had stopped his writing and looked up at Lily, an anxious expression on his face. He watched as she wrote, calculating her answer.

“I know you don’t like this sort of thing but-” he broke off, and rubbed his hands over his face, his glasses pushed up into his hair. Lily looked up at him, now curious.

“If we win this match would you consider-” he stopped again his eyes closing, his hands muffling his voice. “If you would consider going on a date with me.” Lily’s expression stayed calm, but her heart was no-where near that, it was thumping loudly in her chest, telling her to say yes. Say yes, say yes!

“Sure.” She replied, a small smile on her face. James dropped his hands, his eyes widening. His mouth slowly curled up from a frown to a smile.