Jily Part 17

The end of term feast came and ended and the students were aboard the train their luggage stowed, anticipation of seeing parents and relatives was high in the air, with a small ting of sorrow. They would have to wait just a few short months until the start of the year, that is, everyone but the seventh years.

Sirius had managed to find an empty compartment and everyone piled in, Remus followed by Peter, then Lily and James. Lily had said goodbye to her friends earlier, she figured she would get it out of the way before she could have a chance to cry, which she knew, she would do sooner or later, she preferred later.

A few games were played and chatter rand all around. It was almost like the four weren’t about to be separated for who knows how long, no one mentioned what they were doing after school and none of them mentioned anything about seeing the other either.

“Hey Lily, what are you planning on doing now that we are out of school?” Remus called over to her. She took her head off James’ shoulder and wondered why he decided to mention this now of all times.

“I am not sure yet.” Which was a lie, she had a vague idea, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to tell anyone yet. “What about you?” Remus leaned back on the seat and pursed his lips. Sirius answered for him,

“Well I don’t know if any of you heard but apparently there is a dark force rising and there is an order being put together against it.” Everyone in the room stared at him. “What? Did I say something wrong?” Lily shook her head.

“I heard that too. Apparently Dumbledore is bringing together witches and wizards who are brave enough to secretly go against this threat. He said the Ministry wouldn’t take enough action so he had to do it himself.” Now it was Lily’s turn to be started at.

“Who would have thought we all wanted to go jump on that bandwagon?” Remus laughed. James chuckled next to Lily.

“How is it that we all somehow heard if this and all wanted to be a part of it?” They all shrugged and laughed, Peter’s snorting louder than the laughing itself.

“What was it to be called again?” Sirius asked them. Peter answered,

“The Order of the Phoenix, and what a name it is; It definitely has a nice ring to it.” James leaned back into the seat, rubbing his chin with his hand.

“Doesn’t Dumbledore have a Phoenix?” Lily nodded along with the three boys on the opposite bench. “Well, we’ve got our work cut out for us if we are to work for Dumbledore.” A murmur rang through the compartment and then Sirius shot to his feet.

“We are the Marauder’s aren’t we? We are Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs, and Lily, who’s to say we can’t get in?”

“Can’t argue with that,” Peter stated, “after all, we’ve all mastered Patronus’ and animagi. Well except Lily here.” Lily shrugged then looked over at James.

“Speaking of a patronus, James you remember that night in the library? Was that a patronus that was floating above the table?” James pursed his lips in a thoughtful way.

“Yeah, it was. The white light of the patronus looks nice when there isn’t a huge Stag in the way, I sometimes use it more than Lumos, plus, it gives you a bit of a warm boost of happiness, shoots straight down into your core.” Everyone started at James, their faces a little disgusted.

“Wow James, you just made me gag.” Sirius laughed.

“I second that.” Peter raised his hand while Remus and Lily laughed.

“I liked it.” Lily smiled at James.

The trains whistle sounded and the train began to slow. The inhabitants of the compartment looked out the window to see the train pull up to platform 9 ¾, one that they knew they wouldn’t see again until they had kids of their own. Lily’s met James’ eyes and took each other hands, their goodbye drawing near.

“Well, this is our stop.”