↠ thirteen

▽ I Don't Fucking Care (IDFC) By Blackbear

               ↠ thirteen

Exhausted and stressed with multiple knots corrupting her shoulders, she barely made it through the front door before throwing her bag aside and plopping her entire body on the couch.

It's six am and the drive back to Beacon Hills seemed to be an awefully dreaful one from all the distance.

The worst part of it all is she knew she had to return to school in a hour or two.

''You're friends are terrible liars.''

It was surprising to know Lea still possess enough energy to quickly sit up.

Her mother and father stood at the bottom landing. They looked at her knowingly, as if they could see right through her which is why they're now up to demand some answers.

Luckily Lea was in for the same thing.

''Where did you go?''

''You guys are hiding something? What is it?'' Lea finally speaks. Her voice just utterly laced with tiresome.

Lucy turned to give a quick glance to her husband before looking back at her daughter with confusion clear in her countenance. ''What are you talking about?''

Her arms were crossed as the two proceeded they're way into the living room.

''Whose Maxine, mom?''

They're breath got caught in they're throats of the mentioning of the name. The hairs on her parent's neck arised along with the goosebumps.

Its been so long since they heard the name.

Before the two can utter a word, Lea was quick on her feet. ''Don't lie to me. I know you know, it's the only reason why you wouldn't let me in the attic.''

Christian flattened his lips, licking in them in the process. He knew this day was bound to happen eventually.

''Maxine is you're sister. She died when both you and Amber were younger.''

Lea's eyebrows furrowed. ''Amber was what, five? She should have at least had some sort of memory of Maxine.''

Her father looked away in shame. ''We told her that she was imaginary.''

This brought even more confusion to the girl who sat on the couch. ''Why would you say she's imaginary?''

''Because you were the reason why Maxine died. You killed her.''

She gaped at them and looked away in shock. She never would have expect that she actually killed her.

Meawhile Amber hid her appearance in the staircase, holding her hand against her mouth to suppress the gasp escaping her lips.

''But uh, there's more.''

Lucy exhaled aloud, now taking lead of the conversation. ''Maxine was born with autism. We knew something was wrong when she started to pronounce words weirdly but we both thought it was dyslexia and speech impediment. But then we found out.

Lea we couldn't carry on our legacy with a deform child who wouldn't let alone handle herself alone in this world.

But then the worst part of it is was she was turned into a werewolf. Neither of us knew who could have gave her the bite, but it was only another reason for her not to exist. So you're father and I trained you're hunting sessions so- uh..''

Lea could only imagine how badly this could end.

''We had you and Maxine go out into the woods one day, and the knife you always carry in you're bra? It was passed from my side for generations once commiting you're first kill'' She finishes.

Lea didn't know how to respond to this at all.

Her mother reached out to touch her but Lea stood and took a few steps back. ''You're horrible. You're all horrible. Screw some damn legacy, that child needed parents who could love and fend for her. She Could Be Alive Right Now!''

She wiped away a stray tear that brimmed at the corner of her eye's. ''Yet you both are so low and pathetic, you had me do it for you.''

Her parents kept quiet, knowing what both had done was something they could never take back.

Lea scoffed and stomped up the stairs after taking her duffel bag full of fully worn clothing, not even acknowledging the fact that Amber was still there.

But her parents did. None could have spit out a word before she ran up the stairs and into her room.

Meanwhile Lea started to throw more articles of her clothing into the bag, so ready to leave the place she once considered home.

''Lea stop.''

She shook her head vigorously and zipped the bag right up. Amber came out of her room as well with a bag, walking by Lea's side as they marched downstairs.

Both ignored they're parent's calls as they got in the car, driving away to a place Amber felt would be best.

× × ×

Knocks were heard before he opened the door. ''Hey, um. Something sort of happen at our house and we really have no place to go. Could we maybe crash here for a bit?''

He looked back at Lea who was leaned against her car, gazing around the quiet community.

Stiles smiled softly and nodded. ''Yeah. Yeah you guys can stay.''