↠ twelve

▽ Madilyn Bailey Cover Of Don't You Worry Child

              ↠ twelve

After several hour's filled with filled silence, barely moving a muscle, Mason pulled up in front of the famliar house that flooded many memories to the mind of Lea Ramsey.

She exhaled a shakey breath as she unbuckled her seatbelt. ''Okay, here it is. You guys stay in the car. I'll be right back.''

She was already halfway out the car when Mason grabbed her by the wrist to pull her back.

''Oh hell no, I just spent over ten hour's driving to some random location- which you owe me a lot for gas money by the way and you'd expect us to stay in the car, nope. We're coming with.''

Lea was exhausted and entirely not in the mood to object so she let them be as she got out of the car with Liam and Mason following.

''Just let me do all the talking'' Lea instructs while the three of them walk up the few porch steps.

Her knuckles banged against the door three times, waiting for anyone to respond from the other side to open it.

A lady who looked around the age of her middle thirty's answered, curious of the teens who stood in front of her.

''Hello.''

Lea smiled. ''Hi, I'm Lea Ramsey and these are my friends. Um, my family was the owner's who sold you this house.''

A wide grin appeared on the woman's face. ''Oh hello dear, it's been a while.''

She nodded. ''Time surely flies by huh?''

She chuckled in agreement. ''Well please, come in.''

She stepped aside, letting Lea, Mason and Liam enter her house. She closed the door behind them and quickly appeared back in front of them.

''Is there anything I can get you guys? Water? Lemonade? Tea?'' She asks out of politeness.

Mason and Liam shook their heads but Lea decides to reply ''Tea would be nice.''

The woman shot her a gentle smile before making her way to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Lea decided to help herself out by entering the living room to observe her surroundings.

The paintable floral Eden wallpaper still consumed the walls, really bringing out the comfort of home.

She noticed how picture frames were displayed with strangers posing inside of them. A female and a male to be exact.

The woman in the other room making her, her tea was the female. The male was more or likely her husband.

She pressed her fingertips lightly against the wall, feeling the designs of the wallpaper under her touch.

Lea ran her fingers along the walls, unsure of what exactly what she was doing.

But whatever was happening seem to be working because her trance stopped when she felt a certain point of the wall.

It felt hollow. As if all you had to do was poke it and a hole would be made from that small action.

She searched around the section to see if there was some sort of opening to it.

That's when she saw a corner poke out the wall with Lea's own peripheral vision.

Still eyeing the corner, she mutters ''Liam, listen out for me.''

She picked at the corner until the little door open, no thanks to her crummy little fingernails she has a habit of biting.

Inside was a small urn.