Chapter Six

--Emma's point of view-- 

As I started to open my eyes, I noticed that the warm sun was not on my skin, the wind was not blowing in my face, I couldn't smell the sea, and I did not hear the sound of the waves crashing onto shore. Instead I heard...I was uncertain, but I think it was my brother yelling.

"Get the hell away from my sister!"

"William you don't understand. I can't leave her...not again. I cant do it."

"Then I'll make you leave her alone. Ever since you came back you've put her through hell. For Christ sakes look at her! Shes been in a coma for a week because of you! Why couldn't you have just stayed away from her? She would have found someone else, but no! You had to bring your sorry ass back. Your nothing but a murderer who almost killed my baby sister!"

My eyes slowly started to lift but I couldn't quite lift them all the way so all I got was a blurry image of my brother in the door way. Were those cops behind him? The door was blocked off by furniture that was in the room. I felt something in my hand and saw that in was a man's hand holding onto mine tightly. I looked up to the face of that hand and saw my love.

Cam.

A smile came to my face as I started to squeeze his hand, letting him know I was awake. I heard a little gasp of surprise as his eyes found mine awake and full of life again.

"Emma?" If words could kill that right there would have sent me back into my coma. That one word, my name was said so softly, and with so much feeling that it made me heart flutter a little more with love I have for him that i didn't know i could still get.

"Cam." Wow. Was that my voice? It sounded so scratchy, you could hardly tell it was my voice.

Cam bent down on his knees so that way we were face to face as he looked deeply into my eyes.

--Cam's Point of View--

 I cant believe it! My Emma was finally awake! Her shinning eyes looking back into mine full of life was the best gift I could ever ask for.

As I reached out and stroked her cheek, my breath was taken from me knowing that she was finally awake. Her hand came up and grabbed onto mine. She closed her eyes to my touch, as if savoring it.

"Emma..." I exhaled more breath as tears started to roll down my cheeks. "Angel your awake." My mouth started to hang open. Great, I look like an idiot lost for words, but I was filled with so much happiness. Her file said that she was out for a week, and it looked like she was not responding to anything. The doctors even wrote on her file that she was a lost cause. I was about to ask her what she remembers when I was yanked away from her.

"Get the hell away from her!" William said as he came up to Emma as the cops took hold of me.

"No William please don't. I want him in here." Emma said as she tried to grab a hold of my hand again but the cops already had me on the other side of the room away from my beloved.

"Emma, he tried to kill you! Kill You do you understand that?"

"But he didn't William. Cam would never hurt me and you know it. He only tried to block the hits I tried to give to him."

"He's a killer Emma! Nothing more nothing less. You deserve better then him..For God's sakes, he killed his own brother!''

The room was quit for awhile, as William's words hit me. Emma does deserve better then me but the thought of losing her was enough to let me know that i was a selfish bastard, and I wasn't going to let her get away from me again. Even if I am below her, I want her.

I guess we had to go through all this just  for me to realize it.

--Emma's Point of View--

 "He didn't kill his brother William and you know it. So why must you keep saying it?"

"Because you don't know if he did Emma. You're blinded, you always have been when it came to him and you always will be. I'm the one that has to be your voice of reason when it come to that jackass." William knelt down next to me, and took my hands into his warm ones. He closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath,then looked straight into mine and said softly, "Emma, I love you. You're my baby sister and the last time you tried to show him that you liked him he stepped all over your heart, and I had to help you pick up those pieces. I can't do that again Emma. I can't just stand by and watch him do that to you again knowing that this time, I can help you stay away from him."

A single tear made its way down my cheek as I closed my eyes, seeing the unwanted memories of me crying my heart out begging Cam to come back.

"I love him William."

William took his hands away from me violently and started pacing beside the side of my bed with an angry look on his face. It looked like he was fighting with himself over telling me something.

"How long, Emma? Huh how long will he stay with you before he decides that he doesn't want you again? And when he finally comes back it will because he needs help and you being you you'll take the bastard back then he'll leave you again!" William shouted at me.

I look over to Cam, who was still being held back. I looked deep into his baby blue eyes. "William, no other man will be for me. It is Cam...it has always been. Cam and no one else. If he leave then I'll wait till he comes back. I'll do it till he finally realizes that I will always be here for him. It may not be the kind of life that you want for me but nobody's life is perfect. I want a life with Cam and only Cam." I turned my head to look back at my big brother. "Thank you for taking care of me, William. It means a lot to me. Even when we were younger you took care of me, but this time I'm going to need you to trust me when I say I say this...I want him more then my next breath and yes it hurts but I just can't live with out him."

"Emma, you haven't tried." He argued.

"Yes, I have William. Its not pretty but life sucks without him. All I think about is if he's hurt or okay.''

William looks away from me, as more tears start to run down my cheeks. I close my eyes slowly trying to calm down my nerves when I feel strong but soft hands wrapping around mine.

Cam.

I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. Eyes I have always loved and could read so easily.

"Emma, I won't leave you this time...baby I love you" A tear slide out of his eye as he held onto my hand tighter. "I've always have but I knew you deserve better then me. My family is nothing but criminals. I had no one to talk to but my brother. Once I found out he was dead, I didn't know what to do. I figured it was my turn to die to so I came back here trying to find out who killed him, but then I saw you again." He let a breath of air and shook his head as he relived the memory of seeing her again. "Baby, you were so beautiful and I wanted to be with you just once then i thought that I could let you go. Boy was that a mistake...I just wanted you more."