Chapter Seven

Its been two days since I woke up. The cops couldn't take Cam away from me because no one pressed charges on him, and they had no evidence linking him towards Conner's murder. They are still investigating, trying to find something on him.

Sigh.

When will William finally learn that Cam didn't kill Conner, his brother?

Cam hasn't left my side at all. I think that he's scared that if he leaves I'll either go back into the coma or William will take me away from him, but this time I'm not going to let him go so easily.

"Alright, I got your clothes from your brother, along with some very unkindly words which I will not repeat because your virgin ears might not survive it." Cam said as he came and set my clothes down on the table while I laughed. I don't get why all the males in my life think I don't know so much about the unkindly thing that happen around us.

I'm not a little girl anymore.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised he gave you some unkindly words since you won't let him enter my room."

"This is my time with you. As soon as you leave this hospital he will not let me set foot into your home until your arm is back to normal..."

"Cam." i whispered softly.

"Even then he will make something up saying how your not home..."

"Cam."

"Or that you're not right in the head so he had to send you away..."

"Cam!" I said, louder.

"Or that you would never want to see my face again; which I would understand completely considering what I've put you through..."

"CAM!" I shouted at him.

Cam snapped his head up from the floor and looked into my eyes. His eyes were filled with such emotion that it was hard to see what he was really feeling.

"Your rambling again and you know I would always love to see your face again. So, tell me what's on your mind and get your butt over here."

He walked towards me very slowly, which I don't understand because he wasn't even that far away in the first place. When he was almost close to me I let out a frustrated sigh, quickly grabbed onto his hand so he couldn't pull away, and pulled him the rest of the way towards me.  He fell onto the bed with a soft thump. He backed up more as to where he was up against my side while I was under his arm playing with his fingers waiting for him to tell what was wrong.

He let out a weary sigh which lead me to believe that maybe what he has to say wont be so good for the both of us....or me.

"I forgot Em."

"Tell me what you forgot, Love."

The room drifted back into silence as I waited for him to gather what he needed to tell me what was wrong.

"I forgot him...I forgot the bastards name. Now I'll never be able to catch him. I'll have to start all over trying to find the guy. Which will be harder now because he'll know I'm after him. My brother will never rest easy now because of me."

"Shh, Cam its not your fault. Tell me the last thing you remember and I'll see if I can help you."

"All I remember is walking out of your apartment feeling great now that I know who Conner's killer was, but also terrible because I was leaving you. I was going to go get him, but I saw that you were following me so I took us to those fields knowing that you were going to yell at me. I also remember us fighting and of course the hospital, but I can't remember anything that has to do with the killer."