Chapter Three

When the paramedics arrived, they saw Cam clenching Emma tightly in his arms as her head was buried deep in his chest. Everyone just stopped to stare at them, knowing that Emma was madly in love with Cam, but he was wanted for crimes no man should ever commit. He never allowed Emma the time of day to try and be in a relationship with him knowing it would only end in Cam dying for his crimes and Emma heartbroken, so he made sure that she knew that he would never be in love with her. Not that anyone complained because they all knew it was hopeless, but it looks like in death he finally told her he cared for her, and he wasn’t going to give her up so easily. It was heart breaking really to see such young people die before they were meant to. I guess that’s why they say, “All is fair except love and war.”

“Is my sister alive?” William said so softly, barely anyone heard him.

“We don’t know sir.”

“Then pry her from Cam’s filthy arms so I know if my sister is dead or not!”

As the team approached them, Will kept thinking of how he told his sister that he was no good, how he was going to just break her heart. Even as kids he knew Cam was trouble. His getting in trouble with the law just pointed out that he was right. When the news spread that Cam was to blame for his brother’s death should have told him to get Emma the hell away from him, but he had to make her see that he wasn’t any good. I guess I was wrong. I should have pulled her away from him kicking and screaming when I had the chance.

“We got a live one!” A man shouted out as the paramedics started to surround them.  William tried to see over them to know which one was alive, praying that it was his baby sister. If it was, Cam he was just going to murder him, so the paramedics have no reason to save his sorry ass.

“Sir we’re going to have to ask you to leave until everything is okay.”

“Just tell me who is alive?!”

“I can’t do that, sir. Please go wait by the car.”