Chapter Four

--Camm's point view--

As my mind started to leave its hazy state, I looked around me and saw that I wasn’t out in the fields anymore but in a hospital. How did I get in the hospital?  As I tried to remember what put me here I looked down at my arms and started to have a depressing feeling when I found they were empty. I was cut up from head to toe and I was really sore…so I was in a fight that much I could tell; that or I was hit by a very big car. I turned my left hand over, opening my palm to find blood smeared down it when everything came rushing back. I remembered how I got the cuts and bruises all over my body, I remembered how I got the blood on my palm. I remember why I’m in the hospital, and all the answers had the same answer…Emma.

     I sat straight up on the bed looking around me to find she wasn’t in the room with me. Oh god what if I killed her!? I don’t think I could handle that information, I don’t think I hit her that hard…I know I didn’t hit her that hard, I mostly let her beat me because she had the right and I didn’t that I knew. And If I was ever going to die, it was going to be by her hand and no other. I tried to get out of bed to find her but my legs felt like Jell-O. You just got to love pain killers. I looked to my right and saw in a chair were my clothes…lucky me.

     I looked out into the hall and found all the doctors and nurses were busy…huh usually when they see a patient out of their room they come running to put them back. I started down the hall looking for some clue as to where Emma could be god I hope she’s not in the morgue.

                It took me awhile to be able to get into the hospital’s files but I managed. As I was looking for Emma, I heard her brother’s voice shout, “What do you mean he’s not in his room!?”

“We’ve been looking everywhere outside, sir, but I think he got away.”

I looked down at the computer and found out that she was in room 244E not that far from where I was but far from where my room was located. I started to head for her when William’s voice stopped me.

“He won’t be outside trying to escape, he’ll be heading straight for my sister’s room. Get a nurse and tell me where she is at. She should be done with her surgery by now." Emma was in surgery? I don’t know how fast I ran trying to get to her room but before I knew it I was in her room. I shut and locked the door so that way William couldn’t in.

   I walked over to Emma slowly taking in everything. Every scratch, every bruise, every ounce of skin that my eyes could see. Her arm was wrapped up tightly when I remember her screaming out in pain when she landed on the rocks. I pushed her beautiful brown bangs out of her eyes wishing I could see those pulchritudinouse leafy green eyes that always shone bright with laughter.

"Hey, Em, I need you to wake up okay. I know you're tired after your surgery but I need you to do this for me. I don't know how much longer I have before your crazy brother comes in breaking the door down, and saying I was trying to kill you," I managed a shaky laugh hoping he wasn't that stupid. I pulled up a chair and sat next to her hoping she heard me. I don't know when things got so far out of hand, but I would see them through just to make sure Emma was taken cared for before I left for good.

I looked over and saw her charts. I picked it up and started scanning through them. Then my eyes came across a word that made my blood run cold.

Emma was in a coma.