Ten - 10 -

My eyes stayed on Damien as he grinned at me.

"Well Damien there's an empty seat over there." 

I quickly looked at the empty and sighed with relieved to see it was across the room from me. He made his way there, as soon as he sat down; Jennifer made a move on him. The rest of the girls in the class turned back to look at him. I looked away and the teacher continued with the class.

I don't know how I survived that class. Fray kept asking me questions and believe me, it was hard to ignore him....ignore, ignore, and I kept telling myself that. The next class was a little better. Once Damien was walking towards me, Lewis saw him and quickly hugged me from behind and kissed my head. Damien froze, politely turned and walked away. Stupid Lewis.

"What? I'm just showing my love" said Lewis simply and went back to his seat.

The other classes were durable, Fray didn't bug me too much. I didn't listen to a thing the teacher was saying in class, I was too worried I couldn't even think straight. Damien being here isn't such a good thing, the others are surely going to find out about my wings......but isn't that ok? Even Adrian, Fray and Lewis have wings. They wouldn't be angry or anything...then why am I feeling so nervous? I have to tell them sooner or later. The lunch bell rang and I sighed in relieve, I slowly turned my head and to looked at Damien. Jennifer still hasn't given up yet; she giggled and flirted on and on. Damien looked bored and annoyed. I grinned.

"Damien." I muttered softly to myself

Damien slowly turned his head towards me and smiled...what the..?of course he heard it, he's not human. I smiled back at him.

"I guess you kept your promise about meeting again." I muttered again.

He silently nodded and continued smiling.

"Remember you have to tell me everything....big brother."

He laughed and nodded again.

I felt someone tap me on my back, I turned and saw Adrian frowning, I'm guessing he heard us.

"c'mon, let's get lunch." Said Adrian.

I looked over to Damien again and he was looking back at me, I smiled and he smiled back. Adrian coughed and I blushed.

"Let's go already." He said impatiently.

"Umm...actually, you guys go ahead, I have to talk to someone first."

Adrian stared at me." is it Damien?"

I blushed." uh, yeah, I need to take care of some things, "

Adrian glared at Damien for a few seconds and then left, followed by the others. Soon there was no one else in the class but me and Damien. Everyone had already left for the lunch cafeteria. I got up and walked over to his seat.

"Hey" he said a wide smile plastered on his face

"Hi, c'mon lets go to the roof top" I said 

We raced there like little kids laughing and pushing on the way. It was like I had always known him.

It was quiet cloudy and breezy outside. Damien lazily leaned on the railing and I stood next to him imitating the same position as him. He looked up at the sky and smiled.

"Just my kind of day." He said

I smiled and looked up. We were quiet for a long time, Finally Damien broke the silence.

"Your mother misses you terribly..."

I gasped and looked at him, warmth filled me.

"How is she?" I asked

He kept silent.

"Damien? My mother, how is she?"

Silence.

"She is alright, isn't she?"

Silence.

"Damien!"

Damien closed his eyes and sighed sadly.

"Well she's not exactly fine, she been put in a hospital."

My throat went dry and my hands shook. "Why? What's wrong with her" my voice was shaky and hoarse.

"After you were born, you were secretly given away. I don't know the exact story but I heard she was told that you died during birth. She was too depressed she wouldn't eat or sleep and would cry the whole day. So one day she decided to kill herself....." he trailed off.

Although I didn't want to hear anymore I had to, she is my mother, I have to know.

"Its ok Damien, I want to know.......I need to know..."

He turned to me and his eyes bore into mine. I felt he could see right through me, read my every thought and know what was in my heart. I had to look away. This is getting kind of awkward.

"She jumped off a cliff." He said calmly.

My breathing stopped and my mind went blank.

"But she was lucky she survived it but she's was found unconscious.....and still is."

What?...she's still...? She jumped off thinking I was dead and she still thinks that way. She never got to see me. All her hopes must have vanished when she heard I was dead, she must have felt horrible and lonely. The baby whom she carried in her for months, the baby that was her own blood line, the baby that was a part of her was dead. She must have gone through so much pain. To my shock I realised I was crying.

"Chloe?" asked damien concern.

"I'm fine..."

"no you're not!!  I shouldn't have told you this."

"No, it's good you told me. She's my mother, i had to know."

"I know , I know....its just ....you're really hurt now."

I looked at him and smiled, he touched my cheeks and wiped away my tears. Our eyes locked and we atred at each other for what felt like forver. After a while I caught hold of myself and immediately looked away.

"so, how about my dad?" I asked

"well, he's 'our' dad actually."

I looked at him confused.

"My mom divorced my real dad and married your father."

"then what about my mom?"

"well , she's still unconcious..."

"so what! That doesn't mean that he can take advantage over that fact and marry someone else while she's not around!"

"your father loves my mother dearly!" he said protesting.

"How do you know that, he must have loved my mom too!"

"no..." he said quietly.

I looked at him.

"no, he didn't love her..." he said coldly

"how do you know that?" I shouted at him angrily.

"because he told me!! He never loved her, it wasn't a love marriage! Their parents planned it! But now he's happy bacause he's finally got the woman he loves! He had always loved her, even before the marriage. He never loved your mother!" he shouted back at me.

I was speechless.