Chapter 2

Going to the forest that surrounds the pack house. Smelling the air, the fragrance of pine and oak invaded my senses.

Closing my eyes and imaging my sleek fur which was smooth to the touch, my hands turned into paws, my senses heighten from the smell of the woods to the sound of the trees and birds, my bones cracked and shifted with little pain. I transformed into a white wolf with patches of brown and grey fur imprinted on my body with blue eyes. Most wolves run on all fours where as the alphas can stand and run on their hind feet, I think it gives more of a dominant presence and there is a history of the lycanthropes and how they came about in this world.

Standing within the trees and feeling the dirt and debris beneath my paws. My wolf instincts were on average just incase any rogues decide to trespass not that I care anyway.

Being in the woods and in my wolf form this is the only time I feel free from everything.
No rules.
No dominating, controlling alphas.
Especially no pack members.
I can be my own person out here in these woods like the woods itself is under my power.

Giving my muscles a stretch, the path was laid out in front of me the brown, orange leaves laid on the ground some briskly blew away by the wind. And the wind blew against my face and I begin to run through the withering and looming trees, dodging them as they stood unmoving in my path. I ran towards a cliff and skidded across the dirt and some of the dirt crumbled and fell off the cliff hitting the rocks and river below and I howled loudly towards the sky. Birds flew from their nests as though my howl awakened them.

After I turned round and decided to hunt, skulking in the shadows of the bushes hunting for my prey I found a meadow where I saw does and stags grazing in the field. A fallen sycamore was cracked and eroding away from the festering ants and weather, I hid behind it hiding myself and I observed which one was the weakest out of the doe's the sky illuminated oranges, pinks and light blues and I spotted one in the clearing on its own and vulnerable, I watched it's every move and I crept slowly around the meadow to find an easy accessible way to get to my prey.

I found a way one which was easy and yet a challenge, I had to stay low and again I shuffled towards the doe my breath becoming heavy and my heart raced and a group of magpies flew off in sync swirling and striving in the sky. The stags were alert there ears were on point  and eyes were observant listening and looking for any sign of danger and one stamped there feet sending a warning and flared his nostrils as the doe's began to run with there fawns by their sides. I used this to my advantage and I begin to pace towards the animal and it quickened ever so slightly, which the small fragile doe noticed my domineering presence and it let out a screech and began to run. The flock ran together galloping and moving towards the edge of the meadow.

My eyes were focused on the small doe which could hardly keep up with the rest of the flock, I had to corner it off from the rest of the flock before I make the kill. The sky was descending as if time was against me, I ran the Doe into a hedge as it fell into a stream and struggled to get back up as its hoof was wedged between a stone and as I gained on it and lunged onto its back as it bucked and pranced. I sunk my canines into the throat and the taste of blood was in my mouth and it dropped down the neck and into the stream the doe resisted against the sudden impact the prey went into shock doe stopped moving and the lifeless body went limp. All life left the prey and a soft breeze of wind made the rotting leaves bumble, tumbled and scrapped over the dead body. Nature consumed it's corpse as I consumed the flesh.

I begin to make my way back to place I once called home many years ago and now has evolved to a hell house where demons live and lie.

I couldn't change into any clothes and I didn't bring any spare for after I finished my run. Yay me. So I stayed in my wolf form, dragging my now aching paws towards the pack house. The stone steps lead up to the wooden doors, I took a few steps toward the house until the doors slid open and Jackson my fathers beta came out probably to change the shifts on the borders of the pack.