Prologue

I need to get away from here. Being hurt so much by people you once called family, it's like a dagger been placed inside me intentionally. Dragging my worn out feet up a familiar path that leads to a place I always go to when my father hurts me in ways no child could want to experience.

Cherry blossom trees sway in the gentle, cool breeze which blows against  my tear stained face. Sycamores stand tall over the rock edges of what I call heaven, the red breasted robin flies out towards the gleaming, descending sun shedding the last rays of sunlight on the dark places below this haven.  

I sit down amongst the crusty, golden leaves that cover the forest floor. I close my eyes taking in the beauty of nature before releasing
All the pain.
The negativity.
All the sorrow.

My cheeks sting from the tears as events replay in my head. I curl myself  into a ball, lost within my thoughts. I cry knowing no one could feel my pain.
Suddenly, a twig snaps and immediately my wolf instincts are on high alert and so am I, scanning the surroundings I know I'm not alone.

Another twig snaps, my head follows the direction only to be staring into the darkness of the trees.
Sniffing the pine, oak air a strong masculine scent filled my nostrils, sending shivers down my spine.
Staring back into the darkness of the weltering  trees a pair of stormy grey eyes looked back at me from the darkness.

Then two black paws stepped out from the blackness until a full formation of a wolf stood looking back at me.

"Oh shit" I say to myself.

A large black wolf stands before me, I could tell by the stance he was a powerful alpha. Staring into his eyes for more then a second and from deep within, my wolf says frantically

"Mate."

All I did was run.