Chapter 22

***I'm so confused with the dates in this story.  I can't remember if it's summer, winter, fall or spring for Ana and Christian.  But who cares, this is fiction.  Enjoy and don't forget to vote***

APOV

My first day as assistant editor went by in a flash. So did the rest of the week. I couldn't be happier with my job. Everyone treats me with respect, even the big guns of the office. It's Friday and here I am sitting at my desk reading over a few manuscripts that Jack asked me to. I have three piles, yes, no, and maybe piles. What Jack has me doing it reading the first two chapters and give a review. Then he'll look over it and make the final decision

I've read about 6 manuscripts so far and it's almost lunchtime. I gather my paperwork and go into Jack's office. When I walk in I see that he's on his phone. So I just place them neatly on his desk. Before I hand the chance to turn around Jack waves for me to take a seat. Which I do, and I wait until he ends his phone call.

"Sorry about that Ana. Today is one crazy day for me"

"It's ok Jack. Is there something that you needed?" Cleary there is or he wouldn't have asked to take a seat.

"Yes, could you do me a big favor, and I'm really sorry for asking this. Would you mind going to the deli across the street and pick me up a turkey sandwich and a coke. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off and haven't found the time to grab lunch"

"No problem. I was just going to get myself something as well"

"Thanks Ana, you're a lifesaver" I stand from my chair and leave. From my desk, I grab my purse and my phone. While on my way out I send a text to Sawyer letting him know I'm going across the street to pick up lunch for me and my boss. As I walk out of my building Sawyer sends a text letting me know that he sees me and will be keeping a close eye on me.

After ordering mine and Jack's lunch I head back to the office. On my floor I go right to Jack's office knocking lightly on his door before entering. He is once again on the phone. I place his lunch on his desk and he mouths a 'Thank you' to me. I smile and nod then leave to go eat my own lunch at my desk.

The remainder of the day passed quickly. I can hardly believe it's already five. I shut down my computer and gather my things. Right when I was about to leave Jack comes over and sits down at the corner of my desk.

"Hi Jack"

"How was your first officially week here at S.I.P?"

"It was amazing"

"I'm glad to hear that. Listen a few of us are going to the bar down the street. I was wondering if you would like to join us"

"That's nice of you to ask, but I can't tonight. I have plans this weekend so I need to get to bed early tonight" He frowns.

"Maybe some other time" I nod.

Walking outside Sawyer is standing there waiting for me with the back door open. I thanked him and got in.

Arriving at Escala a short time later. Sawyer pulls into the parking space and opens the door for me. He walks behind me all the way to the elevator.

Exiting out of the elevator and walking through the foyer to the great room. The lights are off, candles are spread all over the place, and there is soft music playing from the sound system. Looking around I don't see Christian.

"Christian?" I call out. I get no response. "Hello, anyone home?" Again nothing. In the kitchen I hope that maybe Gail has an idea of what's going on. She isn't there. Instead I smell something heavenly and notice a bottle of red wine and two glasses sitting on the counter with a note that says pour me.