Chapter ten

~Isabel's POV~

The look in his eyes was like looking into the devils' eyes, but instead of black, his eyes were red and dangerous. I knew at that moment, he wasn't Jacob, my Jacob. His eyes were harsh and filled with wild intentions. He kept coming closer. There was an uneasy feeling in my stomach, what is happening? It felt like he was crushing my wrists. I was praying nothing would snap, or pop out of place with this much force; it'd be a bitch to heal. I was feeling nauseous and light-headed with all the pain I was experiencing. With one swift movement, he brought my hand up to his lips and gently brushed my skin with his lips. My throat felt like it was being strangled, I just couldn't wrap my head around the situation. Was he trying to hurt me or love me? His actions didn't make sense. Soft thuds of rain hit the top of the car. A sound that seemed hushed by the rain became more pronounced. If you listened closely, you can hear what seemed like a dog. That's impossible, this whole area is closed off and secured there wouldn't be a do- it was Jacob growling. My eyes widened in shock as I looked at him once more. He opened his mouth and his fangs shot out. I yanked my arm away from him and hurried out of the car and back to the direction of home. Can't he see that it's only me?  My feet slipped under the wet pavement, I stumbled for a bit before I was running normally again. Off in the distance, I saw Jasper. I ran to him and practically collapsed into his arms. His arms tightened around me, my silk dress slightly rode up under his hands. I felt such a rush running through me. I tried my hardest to formulate a sentence, anything. He questioned me with his eyes, waiting for a response. 

"Jacob, he's gone crazy!" I said looking back and forth, grabbing onto him tightly.

He nodded and looked forward, catching sight of Jacob lunging at us. I looked up helplessly at him. His eyes widened as he moved us quickly to the side. Jacob missed and banged into the tree. I watched him as he looked up at me, hair flying in every which way. I gulped and grabbed Jasper's hand, pulling him away with me to safety. Or at least out of apparent sight. I looked over at him, "What're you doing here? I mean I'm glad, but what are you doing here so late?"

He smirked. "I can ask the same. You should be inside, resting." He looked me up and down. "You know," he paused, "as much as I'd love to chat, we can't stay here forever."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Yeah-I know that, but what are we supposed to do? He's gone buck wild!"

"I think he let a little power get to his head. He might need some blood and airing out." He stated. "Do you know when his last feeding was?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Not really. What should we do? He looks like he's out to murder me!"

"I think we should tire him out as much as possible and then try giving him some blood."

I nodded, but in all honesty, I felt scared. I was nervous for myself, Jasper, and especially Jacob. Before I could blink, Jasper ran out and attacked a nearby Jacob. I ran to see what damage had to be done to take down the beast. He jumped onto Jacob's back, making him stumble a bit in the process. However, with the way he is right now, he could throw Jasper off as he threw me. I ran fast, looking for something to help him become still. The only thing that I could think of is a rock to hit his head with. God, I don't want to do that! I don't want to hurt him like that. I scoured the area looking for one that was smooth and fit well in my hand. My eyes traveled far and long until it found one, silver in color, with the light of the moon reflecting off of it. I picked it up and dusted it off. I studied it and gulped down hard. God, I hope this works. My feet carried me to where they fought, but my mind shouted no, no!  I couldn't bare it. With a shaking fist, I hovered over his head, wanting to do it but couldn't. He picked me up, slamming me into the concrete. I felt like I got shattered into a million pieces, pain striking up my body. I groaned and held my head, but got up and dusted off my hands. I grabbed him and swung him into a tree. I gritted my teeth, this arse! He laid still for a second, I picked him up by his collar and tightened my grip on him. Now I was angry. You could see the monster turn back into a little innocent boy. "Babe, stop it." the thought just made me angrier. How could you hurt me and not expect me to do the same? The stone laid by my feet. I took it and came down hard on his head. He stopped and melted into the ground.

"Jeez", Jasper breathed out. "What were you doing this whole time?" He laid his hands on his hips.

"Overthinking?" I replied. My eyes traveled to Jacob's head where the wound was. Without saying another word, Jasper and I hauled him back to the car, and at that he left us, giving me a slight nod.  I plopped onto him and pinned him down, slapping his face a couple of times. His eyes opened slowly to meet mine. There was a timidness to his look. Water was dripping down my hair, and between my breast. I hated getting caught in the rain. I leaned in closer and looked him dead in the eye, stripping him down with my eyes, to the pathetic thing that he was. His face crumpled in pain and shame. He moved around uncomfortably on the seats, grunting uncontrollably. I couldn't bring myself to stop, he deserved it. His veins were popping out as he struggled relentlessly for a break. I shook my head and bitterly turned away. I settled into the driver's seat and wiped away the rain water from my face with the back of my sleeve. I couldn't be arsed for a real apology, anyways. It always felt like he wanted to be bigger and scarier, and it was annoying. I looked down at the gears and put the car in drive. I headed for the woods to find something he could feast on. 

~Jacob's POV~

Passion, I had so much passion. I wanted to break her, but that wasn't the real me. It was what the thirst portrayed. All I knew was that I was out to get her, and blood. I've been so weak now and I need to regain my energy. I knew that the beast was still inside somewhere, and it's going to hurt her so much more than just pushing her into the pavement. Instead of cracks on a porcelain doll, it'll be a broken doll that I cannot put together again. I didn't want to get carried away, it just happened. Only one emotion filled the beast inside of me, just hate. In my defense, she could bring up a lot of that, anyways. I can't help the way I am. When she leaves, for no reason, I'll be the one to blame. My thoughts halted as the car stopped at a very dark trail. She got out in one swift movement and crossed the front of the car. Her satin dress shined bright with the headlights that bore into her. Her curls swung as she took steps on the dirt path. I quickly stumbled out of the car, following behind her. Not once did she look back at me. After a couple of minutes of walking, she stopped and waited silently. She grabbed a rock. Is she going to hit me again? She raised her arm high and flew it forward. The rock hit something and a thud echoed through the woods. She walked up to the dead animal and grabbed it by the leg. Her steps halted in front of me as she dropped the leg and looked at me. The blood pooled into my hands as I drank it up. I felt the hunger in me become satisfied. It wasn't long before she walked past me, but stopped to lean on a tree, she put her hand to her forehead. Her legs bent and gave way, I quickly caught her before she fell on the dirt. I placed her down and asked her if she was okay. She shook her head and groaned.

"Car, we have to get to the car." She said, breathlessly.

"Okay, let's go. Here let me help you." I placed my arm around her body and we went as fast as possible to the car. "Let me drive." I said.

"No, you relax. You're hurt, I'll drive." She said as she sat in the driver's seat.

I went around the car and sat in the passenger's seat. "Is something wrong?"

"Something is coming and I'm too weak for it. We must hurry to safety." Her hands held tightly onto the steering wheel. She kept speeding and never slowed down. 

"Care to explain what's happening?"

"Vampires, lots of them, too much power. We can't take them out, not alone."

Her usual calmness was gone, replaced with almost paranoia, it scared me. She gripped the wheel harder, her knuckles turned pale. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Back to the castle, Jasper will know what to do. We need him back home."

Right, Jasper.