Chapter six

~Jacob's POV Continued~

Why could they want? Couldn't they go mess with some other Royals? I never thought this whole life would come with complications. Just suck lives and live with my lovely wife. My eyes skimmed her face, unreadable. She seemed a bit zoned out, I squeezed her hand and still nothing from her. Concern filled my head. Jasper walked away smirking, I stepped in front of her and gripped her shoulders, slightly shaking her, no movement came from her..it was just the shaking I was giving her.

"Hey.."

..

"Isabel?"

..

"Babe, are you ok?"

"I'm fine." She pulled away and walked upstairs.

I clenched my jaw and my fists, shaking my head. Leave it to her to block me out.

~Isabel's POV~

I stood there, practically being seduced by someone other than my lover. I tamed the feeling, it was just the sex appeal, it's not like I have feelings for the guy. He left us alone and it wasn't until sometime that I noticed Jacob was standing in front of me and rocking my shoulders.

"Hey..'" worried.

..

"Isabel?'" tension.

..

"Babe are you ok?" concern, all these things I heard in his voice.

"I'm fine." I walked upstairs and went into my own room, closing and bolting the door. I sat on the bed and slouched my shoulders. I put my head in my hands and stayed like that for a while. It's early, but I don't know if I plan on doing anything, maybe I can help the Queen. There's too much to this new life to understand. My eyes fluttered to the windows and I smiled, same old me.i haven't changed a bit. I opened them up and gently landed to safety, making my way towards the entrance. I was about to go in until I saw her in the garden, I backed up and walked over to where she stood. She looked flustered and tired, you can practically see the veins popping out of her neck.

"Queen?"

"Yes?" she turned around with a weary smile.

"You ok? Looks like you need some help."

"I'm not. Yes, I do need some help, want to help?" She asked hopefully.

I nodded and smiled, she seemed relieved. She showed me what to do with the flowers, table cloth, vases, etc..My curls were falling in front of my face, I blew them away, but they came crashing down again.

"AGHH!!!" I pulled up my hair in a pony tail and got back to work. Everyone was rushing and running to get things done for the ball in a week. There was a lot to get done, and so little time. I know you're thinking that's enough time, but it's not. I'm pretty sure if I was human, I would have been all sweaty and red and ew.

I looked up and saw Jasper smirking. "Most likely but you know, we're dead." He looked me up and down again.

Oh, sweet Jesus. I shuddered at the the thought "I know, thanks for stating the obvious."

"Welcome." He smiled back, showing his pearly whites.

I smiled. "Ok, since you're here and you seem to be doing nothing, why don't you help? That's what you are here for, right?"

"Yes." He replied.

"Start by moving these into the Hall, simple enough?"

"What do you take me for? An idiot?" He asked.

"No, now go." I said.

"Fine." He said with sass and left. I shook my head and continued working, there was something bugging me, I didn't know what. It was like the sun was burning on my back, or my mind was clouded. Yet, I couldn't figure it out.

~Jacob's POV~

I observed what she said and did. By the looks of it, she doesn't want me around much. My heart wavered with feelings, what does she think of me? Ever since we changed she's been more harsh than usual. Him being here to "help" doesn't make the situation any better. There's always a strain on us.

~Isabel POV~

I went back to work, ignoring the thoughts that were swarming in my head. I felt a buzz, followed by a tune. My phone had started ringing, it was my father telling me I was supposed to be at the Castle..SHOOT I FORGOT. I dumped my hat and yanked my gloves off, discarding them quickly as I ran to the back door to the front door and hopped into my car, driving home. I've got to make it speedy, I always forget when something is asked of me. With the ride to my house, my mind seemed cleared away for sure.