Broken

I lie motionless on the bed as I heard everyone else fumble around outside my door. My body ached from Seth’s absence and as much as I wanted to cry, I couldn’t. Not here, not to give Liliain the satisfaction to know that she’s completely broken me. I could hear my heart beat quicken at the simple thought of him, and I could also hear….Oh joy… The bitch was on her way up to my room.  I exhaled deeply as I got up and stood by the window pretending that I had been looking out.

As the door unlocked she didn’t walk in right away, she just stood in the opening burning holes in the back of my head with those crazed eyes of hers. “I try and try to give you everything, yet this is how you repay me.” She said with a sarcastic chuckle as she finally walked completely in slamming the door behind her. I didn’t turn to look at her due to the fact her reflection was in the window. Disappointment was written all over her face. What had her so uptight. It wasn’t like her life was over.

“We have to leave because of your selfish disregard for this family!” her tone was threatening but didn’t scare me one bit. And being the type of person I am towards situations like these….I did the one thing that I thought was proper.

Laughed my damn ass off.

I laughed to the point tears were streaming out of my eyes and I bent over holding my stomach trying to calm my hysterics. Her face wasn’t helping me though. She seemed to be ever so surely turning beet red and her eyes started shifting black.

“ENOUGH!” she pushed me hard against the wall choking me as she held me up. I gave her a smile because I knew she wouldn’t kill me and I knew if there was a chance in hell of Paul and the others finding me, toying with her like I was would stale for a little while longer.

“What are you going to do. Kill me?” I said still smirking with a raised eye brow just egging her on to do it.  A sickening smile played on her full lips as she lowered me down and brushed the hair out of my face. I still held my composure but on the inside the curiosity was begging to be released.

“No sweet Laniera. I would never kill you. I love you and one day you’ll understand that I want you to take my place in this family. But--” she stated coming closer in my face and her eyes grew mincing, “I will kill everyone you love if you defy me again. Little Seth, Jacob, Stacey, sweet Emily. Everyone from that hell hole La Push will die by my hands.”

She grabbed my face with her hands squeezing my cheeks together and shaking my head back and forth gently. “Just be a good girl for granny and no one gets hurt.” She let me go and walked towards the door.

Before she could leave I called after her.  “Wait.” She turned to look at me and when she did, I smiled. I walked close to her and placed my hand on her shoulder gently. Leaning in next to her ear I whispered lowly. “You’ll die by my hands before I let you harm them.” At every word I dug my nails deeper into her shoulder until I backed away from her giving her another smile.

She snorted and closed to the door behind her. After a few minutes of standing silently, I started to tare the room apart.  When everything that could possibly be damaged was, I slumped to the ground cradling myself as the hot tears began to flow.

She’d broken me and if I never got out of this….I’d never be fixed.