Chapter 3

After 5th period, Allison and I both had a free period. We sat in the library. I was teaching her somethings she didn't understand in chemistry.

"This is still hard." She says. I slightly smile and say, "You'll get it soon."

Just then, Scott and Stiles sat in front of us. "What do you guys want? We're studying." Allison asked them.

"What you two did last night wasn't funny." Stiles says with a straight face.

"Yeah, it was." I said. "No, it wasn't." Scott says.

"Guys, we're serious now." Stiles said. "I think I'm a werewolf." Scott whispers.

"What?" Allison and I laugh. "A werewolf?" I say. "Be louder. I don't think that people in New York heard you!" Stiles says sarcastically.

"You're not a werewolf Scott. Werewolves don't exist." I tell them.

"You guys are both crazy and delusional." Allison adds.

"Look, believe what you believe, but we know what's going. Scott's hearing, sight and athleticism has gotten 100x better. Today at early lacrosse practice, he actually did good!" Stiles explained.

"Hey, I was good before." Scott says. "We both know that's not true." Stiles said.

"Dude, everyone can hear things. Everyone can see things, and maybe you were just working so hard at lacrosse that you actually played better than before." I suggest.

"Okay, fine. Would a normal person be able to hear what Mr. Harris is about to say when he walks through the the door? Because he's outside the library, practicing what he's gonna say to everyone." Scott said.

"Then what is he gonna say?" Allison asked. "He's gonna say that in 5 minutes, everyone leaves the library to go to lunch and in his class today we're all gonna have a pop quiz." He answered.

"No way. That's not-"

"Everyone listen up." Mr. Harris says as he walks through the door. "There is a pop quiz in my class today which everyone has to take. And in 5 minutes, lunch starts so everyone leave the library and go to the cafeteria."

I looked at Scott. "Do you guys believe us now?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know yet. Maybe if I see something more than hearing, I'll understand." Allison rolls her eyes, still not believing them.

"Do girls not believe anything? We literally just showed you super hearing and you still don't believe us." Stiles sighed.

"I believe you two are idiots." I spoke.

"You know what, just take your-" Stiles starts but is stopped by the bell ringing, signaling that lunch was starting.

We all grabbed our book bags and were walking towards the door. I looked to see Isaac, the boy that I saw this morning.

He was sitting down on the floor in one of the isles reading a book.

"Guys, I'll see you later. I have to go talk to someone." I tell them. "Okay." They say.

I walked to where Isaac was sitting and sat across from him.

"Did you not hear the bell or is that just a really good book?" I ask, smiling.

"I heard the bell." Isaac says.

"So why didn't you leave?" I ask.

"I'm studying for chemistry. It's like the hardest subject ever." He answers, showing me the textbook he was reading.

"Chemistry isn't that hard." I admit. "Yes it is. And if I don't pass the class, my-" He stopped. "Never mind."

"I can tutor you, if you want. I happen to be very good in chemistry." I suggested.

"Really? You would do that?" Isaac asked, smiling.

I nodded and returned the smile. "We can do it at my house after school. I mean, if that's okay with you." He says, putting his text book in his back pack.

"That's fine." I tell him.

"Thank you so much." Isaac said.

"No problem. Now can I ask you a question?" I ask him. "Sure." "Why did you lie to my dad?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" "I mean, why did you lie to him? He asked you how you got a black eye, and you said lacrosse. That's was a lie." I concluded.

"No, it wasn't." Isaac looked at me. "You don't have to lie to me now. I know your dad gave it to you." I blurt out.

Isaac looked at the ground. He looked sad. "I-I'm sorry for bringing it up. It was a sensitive subject. You don't have to talk about it." I say, sitting next to him.

"Can I trust you not to tell anyone?" He looks up at me. "Of course you can."

"If my dad finds out anything that I'm doing wrong, he'll hit me, or throw something at me. That's why I can't fail chemistry. He'll do bad things to me if I do." He explained.

"That's why I'm gonna tutor you. You're not gonna fail, not on my watch." I replied.