Chapter 2

"Hey!" I said, getting an idea. When I said that, I scared Allison because I was yelling. Her eyes widened.

"Sorry." I said. "But I have an idea."

"What is it?" "Scott and Stiles are together now. Maybe we should prank call them and tell them that we're being chased by werewolves."

"Yeah! They'll totally believe it!" She says.

I dialed Stiles' number and called him. After about 3 rings, he answered.

"Hey Alex, what's up?" Stiles asked. "Stiles." I say, sounding scared. "What?"

"Allison and I are in the woods. We were gonna film a video and pretend we were being attacked and then we were gonna send it to you, but now we're actually getting chased." I explained.

"Stop joking. You're only doing this to prank us." He says.

"No, we're serious Stiles. We think it's a wolf. You and Scott were right, we need help. We're really scared." Allison says.

Stiles was telling Scott what happened and I put him on mute for a second. "On three, let's scream and pretend something happened, okay?" I ask.

Allison laughs and nods. I took Stiles off of mute and slowly counted to 3 on my fingers.

We screamed into the phone. "Stop!" I yelled. "Leave us alone!" Allison yelled.

"Let me go!" I scream. Then I hung up the phone.

Allison and I bursted out laughing. "They fell for it." I laughed.

Allison was trying to say something, but she was laughing too hard.

Just then, our phones started blowing up with text messages from Stiles and Scott.

All we could do was laugh. Then we finally texted Stiles that it was a joke.

Then, Stiles responded with, "Really?! You guys are so stupid. We're totally gonna jump you both at school tomorrow."

"Good thing we both know karate." I laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I was woken up by Allison. "You're dad just called me. He said that you were supposed to be home at 11 last night. I guessed we didn't know what time it it when we fell asleep." She explained.

"What time is it?" I ask, sitting up. "It's 7:25." "We have to be at school by 8!" I say.

"He said he's coming to pick you up. He's bringing your book bag. You can just wear some of my clothes for the day." Allison said.

"Thanks." I tell her. I brushed my teeth with a toothbrush that I had at her house and then changed into a pair of jeans and a sweater.

I heard my dad honk the horn from outside. "I'll see you later." I tell her, walking downstairs and out the door.

"Dad, I am so sorry. I didn't know what time it was and we fell asleep." I explained as I sat in the front seat of my dad's police car.

"It's fine. But we have to make a stop first." Dad says. "To where?" I ask.

"The graveyard. There was an incident there last night." He told me.

He drove to the graveyard. "You're gonna stay in the car." He instructed. "We both know that's not gonna happen." I said, getting out of the car.

My dad rolled his eyes as I followed him to a man and his son, who looked about my age. He had a black eye.

"You're Isaac Lahey, right?" My dad asked the boy. "Yes." His dad answered for him.

"Can you describe to me what you saw last night?" Dad asked. "I didn't really see much. I just know that something pushed the truck over." Isaac answered.

"Are there usually any grave robberies here?" Dad asked. "Not really. But when it happens, they usually take jewelry." Mr. Lahey said.

"What did they take this time?" I ask. My dad looked at me with the, "shut up this is my job" look.

"A liver." Isaac answered.

My dad was writing something down when I asked, "Hey, don't you go to Beacon Hills high?" Isaac nods. "You're on the lacrosse team, right?" I asked. He nodded again.

"I'm sorry about her asking so many questions." My dad apologized to them. "How'd you get that black eye? A fight?" Dad asked.

"No, um Lacrosse." He answered. I knew he was lying. The way his dad look at him when my dad asked that question, I knew Isaac didn't get that from playing Lacrosse.

His dad did that to him.