Chapter 1

I looked at my figure in the mirror that I stood in front of.

"Whoa," I say to myself. "When did this train wreck happen?" I ran my finger through my tangled hair.

I had just woken up and my hair was a mess. Suddenly, my door burst open.

"You look like a hot mess." My brother, Stiles says.

"Thanks for the compliment." I rolled my eyes. 

"What are you doing in my room? It's Sunday morning, you should still be asleep." I walked into my bathroom as Stiles sat down on my bed.

"I'm bored. And I couldn't go back to bed." He answers.

"Is that all?" I ask. "Well, I kinda sorta heard dad talking on the phone." Stiles said.

"You mean you kinda sorta were eavesdropping?" I giggled, plugging my flat iron into the outlet.

"Whatever. The point is that things have been going on. Animal attacks. People think there's a wild wolf running around."

"A wolf? Stiles, there are no wolves in California." I chastised him for believing that there's wolves in California.

"I know what I heard. Plus, on Friday I was out with Scott, but we got split up and I had to lie to dad about-" Stiles started.

"Is this story getting anywhere?" I questioned, running the heated flat iron through my hair a few times.

"Just listen! After we got split up, Scott told me that something attacked him. It left a bite mark on his stomach. He says that he thinks it was a wolf that bit him."

"There's no explanation for a wolf being here, but we know that there is one." He added.

"I have an explanation." I combed my hair.

"What is it?"

"You and Scott are both delusional." I pointed the comb at him, then resumed my hair.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny, but we know there's a wolf here. There has to be, because dad's been called hundreds of times, all about animal attacks." Stiles explained.

"Well there are other animals, Stiles. Have you ever heard of someone getting attack by a bear? Maybe there's a bear on the loose." I laughed.

"Alex, I'm serious. If there's really a wolf running around Beacon Hills, that could put a lot of people in danger."

"You know what this reminds me of?" I asked. "What?"

"That old movie. It's called Teen Wolf. Ooh! What if Scott's a werewolf? That would be so cool!" I say sarcastically.

"You're obviously not taking this a seriously as I am. So let's talk about something else. Why are you doing your hair at 10:30 in the morning?" Stiles asks.

"I'm going to Allison's house." I answer. Allison is a good friend of mine. She's new to Beacon Hills.

"Does dad know?" "Yeah. He told me to be back at home by 11p.m or earlier." I say.

"Okay. I'll go to Scott's house." Stiles said.

"Now, get out. I have to take a shower and get dressed." I pushed Stiles out the door.

"Hey, maybe later you and Scott could go wild wolf chasing." I laugh.

Stiles rolled his eyes as I closed and locked my door.

Those boys are crazy. Who else would believe that there's a wolf running around our town?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You're joking." Allison laughed as I took a bite of the pizza we ordered.

"No." I laughed along in between bites.

"They really think that there's a wild wolf running around in Beacon Hills?" She asked.

I nod and wipe my mouth with a napkin. Allison shakes her head and bites her pizza.

"Stiles is really crazy. I don't know how we're related." I giggled.

"Did you do your math homework? I mean, I would ask if you did your chemistry homework, but we all know you did." She asks.

"Yes, I did my math homework. And what do you mean?" I asked.

"You're like the smartest in the entire school when it comes to chemistry. I'm pretty smart too, but sometimes even I have problems in chemistry. But you, you're amazing at it." Allison compliments me.

I blushed. "It's not that hard." I smiled. "Yeah, that's what you think." She rolled her eyes playfully.