Chapter Nineteen: Scared

" My brother will be here any minute and beat the crap out of you, you creep!" -Bayla Hassan, FH

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Scared

Zubair Hassan

I remembered what Amara and I talked about the other day and it inspired me to talk to my brother. Alhamdulilah I did. Things are going okay now and I'm glad to have him back in my life. I need a brother to talk to you know? Usually I'm the one in the family that everyone goes to but sometimes I need to talk to someone as well. Especially about all of the craziness that's been going on lately. I haven't seen Hamid, Ahmed or Jamal in a while and its been hard. I know they have their own problems to sort through and everything but I miss hanging out with them. I haven't talked to Ahmed ever since we left France and I really hope that we could still be friends.

Suddenly my phone rang and I looked to see who was calling me. It was my baby sister Bayla, I wonder what's wrong with her now. I picked up my phone and held it against my ear. "Zubair? I don't know who else to call and I really need someone right now. C-can you please pick me up? I'm really scared." My sister said in a shaky tone. I quickly got up and grabbed my car keys instantly. Just by hearing the tone of her voice I knew that something bad was happening to her.

"Bayla, where are you?" I asked as I opened the front door and stepped into my car.

"I'm at a party. Before you freak and go all super brother on me, it's not what you think. I came with my friend and she said she was stepping in to get something from someone but she's taking a long time. I'm waiting outside of the house right now and I'm worried that something is going on in there. Please Zubair get me out of this!" She pleaded.

"Where is this party located at?" I asked as I drove away from my parking lot. "It's at a girl named Brenda's house. You know the one near the park?" She instructed. "Yeah I know I'll be there soon. Listen to me Bayla, stay where you are okay? Don't go anywhere or talk to anyone. And don't drink ANYTHING! Okay? Just do that for me, I'll be there before you know it." I said as I tried my best not to freak out and imagine the worst.

* * *

I parked my car in front of Brenda's house and just like imagined, there was booze everywhere. I can't believe Bayla got herself tangled in this mess. I got out my phone and dialed her number but it was no use. She isn't picking up... where could she be? I walked inside the house and the first thing I saw were people dancing inappropriately, drinking alcohol and some even making out in the corner.

These people disgust me.

I continued to look around until a familiar brunette stepped in front of me. "Oh look who's here. It's the hottie of the year! You want something to drink?" Brenda said in her usual annoying perky tone that drives almost everyone insane. "No, I don't now will you excuse me." I replied as I started walking away from her. No matter where I looked I couldn't find my sister. She's nowhere to be found, ya Allah please let her be safe. If anything happened to her I don't know what I'd do.I walked up stairs to see if she was there but sadly there was no sight of her. "Ahhh! Get away from me! Don't you dare touch me or else I'll call the cops on you! My brother will be here any minute and beat the crap out of you, you creep!" I heard a familiar voice scream near by.

"Bayla!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

She's up here in one of these bedrooms I know for sure. I ran inside almost everyone of them but didn't see her.

"Zubair I'm in he-"

I ran inside the last bedroom and saw her standing there with her abaya torn and her hijab on the ground. Anger immediately built up inside of me, how could someone do this to her? "Zubair, behind you!" She shrieked pointing behind me. Suddenly someone tackled me to the ground throwing punches left and right. I managed to throw him on the ground. "If you ever touch her again I will kill you!" I shouted and threw another punch at him.

The idea of him even touching my sister like that brought tears to my eyes. I punched him again and again and again until I knew he was out cold. "Zubair..." She cried. I turned to Bayla and gave her a hug. "It's okay, you're safe. Let's get you home." I said soothingly. She stopped walking and turned to me with watery eyes. "I-I can't go home looking like this. Mom and Dad will figure out and I can't have that." She started to cry harder.

I turned to her with raised eyebrows. "Why? If they figure exactly what happened then they'll probably get a restraining order against him. They need to know Zubayla, I won't lie to them about this. So either you tell them or I will. It's your choice. Now lets go cause I can't stand being here another second." I said as I held her hand and began to walk out.

We managed to leave the party and get inside my car. "Can I ask you something? H-how far did he get?" I asked hesitantly. "F-far enough to scar me forever but not for enough to rape me, alhamdulilah." She replied in a shaky voice. Thank god he didn't get that far, if he did I don't know what I'd do. I turned on the engine and started driving. "You're very strong Bayla. We'll get through this." I stated.

In Shaa Allah

* * *

"Zubair I can't do this!" She cried into my shoulders.

"Dude, it's okay. I'm here with you. I'll go with you when you tell Mom and Dad." I said reassuringly to her. "Mom, Dad can we talk to you guys?" I said as I knocked on their room door. Mom opened it and upon seeing Bayla's torn abaya and my black eye, her eyes widened in horror and she brought her hand up to her mouth. "Honey what happened? Who did this to you guys?" She asked with worry laced in her tone. Dad looked at her and hugged her as if there was no tomorrow. Then he also looked at my appearance. "What happened?" He asked in a broken tone.

"M-Mom, Dad..." She continued to cry harder and harder. "Can we go inside and talk? Zubair I think I can do this alone. Thank you for being such a good brother." She said the last part in a thankful tone.

I nodded my head and left them alone. Ismail then walked up to me as he looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"What's wrong with Bayla? What happened to your eye?" He asked curiously. I shrugged my shoulders, there's no way I'm telling anyone what happened unless she says it's okay. I get that he's just as much her brother as I am but he was barely ever there for her. "I got into a fight and as for Bayla you'll find out soon enough." I replied and walked away.

Today has been a crazy day.

* * *

I hope you guys liked this short chapter! Please PLEASE tell me what you thought about it cause what I wrote in here is a BIG deal! These stuff actually do happen and it's really sad reality. Leave your thoughts in the comments below:)