Chapter Eleven: Walking The Streets Of Paris

"It seems that your nose is getting bigger! Looks like we have a little Pinocchio here!" -Amara Abdullahi, FH

CHAPTER ELEVEN: Walking The Streets Of Paris

Amara Abdullahi

We landed in the France Airport just minutes ago and from my left I could see tall skyscrapers touching the sky. Everything was already so beautiful here and we were only in the airport! The smell here was even different, weird right? One could see people from all sorts of places in this airport which that alone was already thrilling. I walked up to Amy and squealed, which I don't do often. "We're in Paris! Could you believe it!?" I stated excitedly. "It's so amazing here." She replied just as excited as I was. This is what I love about Amy, she always loves to share people's excitement.

She's happy when others are happy and consoles people when they're not in the best of conditions. But for some reason, I couldn't help but feel as if I was being watched which was weird. i don't know, maybe I've been watching way too much Riverdale and that's why I'm getting paranoid. I then looked left and right but no one had their eyes on me. What's wrong with me? "Are you okay?" Amy asked worriedly. I looked at her and gave her a nervous smile. "Of course I am." I responded. Stop being so paranoid, Mara and just enjoy yourself, I thought to myself in reassurance. This is the time for you to let go of all your troubles and just have fun.

"Okay class, gather around." Mr. Miller announced as he motioned us to come together. Hamid walked up to me and smiled. "I guess we're really here. Hey do you feel as if we're being watched or am I just being crazy?" My twin asked, looking behind us. So he feels it too?"I guess we're both going crazy cause I feel it too." I replied feeling somewhat weird. What is this?

"Alright, so first we're heading towards the hotel to settle in. It's three people to one room, I'll send you all text messages  so you know what room number and who you'll be paired with. After you're all settled we'll meet in the lobby and discuss where we'll be going first thing tomorrow morning after we eat breakfast okay?" The teacher announced as he looked at us.

I really hope I get paired with Amy. It's not that I don't like anyone else here, well I only dislike one person. Brenda Lee, I don't know why but she always hated me and also had a thing for Hamid. We use to be friends up until the time Abi left. She was the first person I told it to and I also told her to not tell anyone. But the next day everyone in our grade knew about it. I never trusted her ever since.

"Hey are you okay?" Brenda asked as she walked towards me. I was in the girls restrooms crying my eyes out.

"N-No." I stuttered as I continually wipe the tears that were running down my cheeks. I'm not okay, nothing in my life is okay... Nothing will ever be okay again.