Chapter Fifteen: Letting It Go

"Thank you Allah, thank you for finally helping me let this go"  - Hamid Abdullahi, FH

"Thank you Allah, thank you for finally helping me let this go" - Hamid Abdullahi, FH.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Letting It Go

Third Person

Mara sat in her room contemplating if she should call Amir or not. She managed to get his number by looking through the texts they sent on Hamid's phone. She knew it wasn't Amir's fault and she had no reason to be angry with him. He's her long lost brother, she should at least get to know him. It's that in the moment he appeared she was just shocked and angry at her father. "Okay you can do this Mara. You can do this..." She mumbled to herself while dialing his number. After a couple of rings she heard a male voice answer the phone. "Hello?" His voice boomed through the other side of the phone.

Amara cleared her throat as she put the phone against her ear. "Salam.. Amir. It's Amara, I was wondering if we could talk face to face anytime soon. I also wanted to say that Hamid and I shouldn't have walked out on you like the way we did and I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for the things I said to you at the park. Anyways we're leaving in two days and I just really want to see you before we take off." She said all in one breath. To say she was nervous speaking to him would be a big understatement. She was terrified! Knowing that you've had another brother all your life that you had no idea existed isn't something to take lightly. After a moment of silence Amir's voice was heard. "It's okay and I'd love to talk to you and get to know you guys better." He finally said.

Amara let out a sigh of relief she didn't know she was holding.

"Great but I can't leave the hotel...so could you come to me?" She asked nervously.

"Yeah no sweat, I'll be there soon. Oh and Amara? Thanks for calling me cause it really means a lot." He said sincerely.

"No problem see you soon Amir. Or should I call you big bro?" She somewhat joked.

"Haha, bye Amara." He responded with a chuckle.

Suddenly she remembered something big. More like someone big.

"Wait! I want get to know you better that doesn't mean I want to see our father again. So could you not tell him about this? That's the only thing I ask of you." She quickly added.

"It's our little secret."

* * *

Amir quickly ran out of his apartment with his keys in one hand and his phone in the other. He managed to sneak away from both his father and Zak so he could see Amara. I hope Hamid is there too, he thought to himself. He always wanted to have a little brother he could talk to about anything. What really sucks is that his one and only brother wants nothing to do with him.

He unlocked his door and got inside his car and drove to the hotel. "Guess it's family bonding time." He muttered to himself as he started the engine to his car. Twenty minutes later, he was in front of the hotel his siblings were staying at. He then got out of his car and walked inside the huge lobby where Amara sat patiently for him. Once she noticed his presence she got up and gave him a warm smile. She wasn't sure if she should hug him or not, she's still very new to this long lost brother thing.