Chapter Nine: *Flash Back Chapter*

Okay so I came up with the idea that every nine chapters are going to be flash back chapters! So this is chapter 9 the next flash back chapter would be chapter 18 then so on and so forth! I'm really excited for this!! Okay, enjoy.

*************

12 years old

                                                           Ahmed Abdulrahman

Ahmed Abdulrahman

Six years ago

Today is definitely not my day. Ever since I woke up I had this bad feeling like something horrible was going to happen and I couldn't shake it off. You know how people say trust your gut feelings, right? I know something is going to happen but the thing is I just don't know what and its killing me.

"Hey slow poke!" A very happy Mara said as she walked up to me. Once I saw her smile I couldn't help but smile too.  God she's so beautiful, lively and everything that's good about the world. Wait, what's wrong with me? Why do I sound like some love sick puppy? Get your head together, Ahmed! She's your best friend, and that's all! Okay...it's not all. It'll never be all. She's so much more than that to me.

Even then I was love sick, I was so annoyed by it. It all sounded just too cheesy and cliché for me to actually feel like that, but it was real. I'm not the kind of guy who just dwells on a girl over and over again. But then when I'm with her... I can't think straight. She's on my mind all of the time. God, here I go again!

"Hey look who's happy today!" I responded proudly. She's normally not like this, all jumpy and... happy. I love seeing her like this. She should be like this more often. It feels good to see her so lively.

"What are you talking about? Am I sad every other day?" She crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes at me. I gulped, man did I upset her? I didn't even do anything! Girls are so weird I swear, you'd think I'd be use to this cause I have 3 sisters. 2 of them live out of state with their husbands and the last one is my younger twin sister, Amelia. She's also best friends with Amara, she actually met her before I did.

"I-I-"

She started laughing which evidently made me more confused. Yup, girls are weird!

"I was kidding! Y-You looked s-so s-scared! Ha!" She continued to laugh at me.

"Whatever!" I pouted. Eventually once I saw her smile I began to smile as well.

It's funny how everything started out with laughs and smiles but ended with cries. Just because of what I did... I saw her cry. I don't ever want to see her cry again. It was bad enough the first time, I don't want to see a second time. It just hurts too much.