Story 5: Taki * Morrison

Morrison was the typical school nerd. Nobody really liked him. In class assignments, nobody wanted to work with him. In P.E., nobody picked him on the team. Nobody even wanted to be near him. He was known as "Morrison the Bore." One person tried to get close to him, but he realized on how boring he was, so he spread bad rumors about him. And that's how it came to be.   

One day a new girl came along. Everyone loved her. The guys were all over her. The girls wanted her phone number. The new girl didn't like the attention she was getting. "Whatever you do, don't go near Morrison the Bore," someone would say. Everyone else agreed. She looked over at Morrison reading a book. "Don't go to him, he will contaminate you and you'll be boring too!" She just rolled her eyes and went along anyway.

"Hi! I'm Taki. It's very nice to meet you, Morrison Wells."

"Hey." He responded, not looking away from his book. How does she know my full name? Probably looked at my records. Taki was thinking of a way to get him away from the book.

    "Do you think you can show me around the school?"

"Sure. Here's a map." He passed her a school map.

    "Uh, I can't read maps..." He looked away looking at her sternly.

 "You're kidding me, right?"

    "No...Can you show..." She felt very embarrassed about the situation. Morrison put the book down and looked at her. Up close he saw two sparkling brown eyes, long brown hair, and a embarrassed look.Morrison thought he was having a nosebleed. He blushed for a moment and finally said, "I'll show you around."

"Really? Thank you! I really appreciate it!"

    "Alright but don't shout. If anyone saw us together, they would hate you too. And you're new, so I want to help you secretly so you can keep your reputation. Deal?"

"Bad deal! I can care less on what people say. If they hate me, so be it! I'd rather be beaten up than to do things in secret. "

    "But if they saw you with me-"

"Just show me around in public. They'll understand. Trust me."

    "Well..."Morrison hesitated.

He showed her around where to get to her classes, where everything she needed to know. After they walked around the boarding school, Taki thanked him, as expected. But instead of a friendly handshake, Taki kissed him."You'll get hurt later."

 Morrison became red as a cherry as she walked away. WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!? Well at least it was on the cheek...and what was that comment about?!

The next day, while Morrison went to read his usual book in the hallway, some people came over and talked to him. He seemed very confused.They greeted him with the warmest smiles and crowded him instead. But when Taki came in, She smiled when she saw the crowd smothering Morrison instead of her. They turned and started to mock her.

"Hey it's Tacky Taki."

    "She's not as great as Morris here."

Well this is awkward, thought Morrison. Maybe they found out...but, why are they surrounding me?

They started to yell at her. throw things at her. Called her names. Why are they doing this to her?? That's not right at all! Morrison ran to her aid and got her out of the hallway. They started to chase them both. "I want to beat Tacky Taki!

"I want to date Morrison!"

They ran until they reached an unused room. They went inside and waited until they left.

"Morrison?"

    "Are you okay Taki?"

"Yeah...I think so..."

    "Why did they do that to you?"

"Ever heard of a Luck Exchanger?"

    "No."

They glowed and arrived at the forest. "Whoa...what is this place?"

"This is a place where a Luck Exchanger and their client talk until the Exchanger vanishes Morrison. Did you feel any regret on helping me?"

    "No. I kinda....uh...felt fuzzy when helping you..."

"Okay good enough. I think it's about time to tell you that I am one of the Luck Exchangers.

    "Just what IS a Luck Exchanger?"

A spirit that takes away all your bad luck. But in order to do that, they have to temporarily obtain most of their client's bad luck. When I said You'll get hurt later, I applied that terrible luck upon myself. I kiss my clients on the cheek so that the good luck will apply to them."

    "Hmm...Interesting."

"But be warned. If you stay thankful, you'll have my luck for the rest of your life. Screw it up and it goes away."

    "Thanks for the advice. I'll be extremely careful"

"I'll be watching you." Taki started to vanish along with the forest. Morrison waved happily and returned to his room. "Maybe I need less time with books and more time with friends."

And that's exactly what he did.