Story 1: Sylphia * Kress

Sylphia was on her way to meet her new client. She sensed him in the bushes.Why the hell is he in the bush? No wait, he trying to assault me....what an epic fail, especially with the shadow showing... As he was to go out to jump her, she grabbed his hand and poked his stomach.

EPIC FAIL She thought..   

The boy was very shocked. He struggled to move, but failed. "What the hell?"Hey, why can't I move?"

"Kress Harlem, 3rd year of Jownn High, known as the Mister of Misfortune." She looked at him for a little bit. "That is you, right?"

    "W-what the-? Just how did you know who I am?? And why can't I move??"

"Don't worry about it. You'll only be paralyzed momentarily. And you'll only be late by five minutes."

    "WHAAAT?! Don't you realize what you just did?!"

"I am quite aware. Do not worry."

The effect wore off after five minutes have passed and Kress ran off to class. As he came barging in his class he was begging. He apologized repeatedly to his teacher. "I'm so Sorry!! I won't be late anymore!!"

The teacher looked at him funny. "What are you talking about? You're right on time."

"I am?" That girl is crazy I guess. Five minutes after the bell rang, Sylphia came in the class with cuts, a black eye and bruises. Whaaa? Why is she here? Kress had no idea on what's going on. She doesn't come to school here!! That stuff happens to me normally....

"I am sorry for my truant behavior sir."

"I don't want any more excuses! You now have detention!"

This is too weird! She doesn't have class here, or even attend this school! Just what is going on?

Kress and Sylphia hung out more often and became friends . But Kress still kind of became suspicious of her on why she suddenly came. Weeks later, Kress started to realize something. Nothing but good things have been happening to him. He was considered a popular kid and made lots of friends that didn't hurt him. On the other hand, he also noticed that bad things are happening to Sylphia. She gets all these bruise marks,cuts, and black eyes.  just the same things that would normally happen to him. I can't take it! He thought.  Especially seeing a girl in pain. This isn't worth it!! I have to do something. Kress started to look for her. He finds her getting beat up by other girls.

"Please stop it!! Don't hurt her anymore!"

    "What are you doing over here Kress?! Go back and continue your good luck!! I was trained to endure this pain!"

"You know,We're friends now, and as a friend, I can't just sit here and let you get hurt!"

    "So you don't want to keep your good luck?"

"No! I don't want to keep my luck, even though I don't know what the hell is going on. Even if it's going to hurt you!"

Sylphia started to glow, and so did Kress. They both teleported and appeared in the forest.

    "Please tell me, what is going on? I want to know."

"All right. My name is Sylphia. I am a Luck Exchanger."

    "A...Luck Exchanger? Just what is that?"

"Yes, A Luck Exchanger. A spirit that takes away all your bad luck. But in order to do that, they have to temporarily obtain most of their client's bad luck. When I said you'll be five minutes late, I applied that luck upon myself. I paralyze my clients so that the good luck will apply to them."

  "But why me? Why didn't you choose anyone else?"

"We do not get to choose. Fate decides for us. But I think I am glad to be serving you."

     "Will it be like this forever?"

"Well, it really depends. If the person is grateful for their good luck, it stays. However, if it gets abused too much, the luck disappears and the bad luck shall return."

    "I see..." Kress is starting to understand his situation.

"Kress Harlem...Why would you give your luck up? Why would you do something for a stranger like myself?"

    "Just Kress please, it sounds too mature with my full name. Anyway, I wouldn't keep my luck and just abandon  them, it's just not in my nature."

"I see...One more thing."

    "Yes?"

"Why did you jump me when we first met?"

    "...To be honest,  I really don't know..." They both laughed for a while. Soon, the forest started to fade,and Sylphia is starting to disappear. "What's going on Sylphia?"

"I forgot to mention, there's only a limited time an Exchanger can have before moving on to their next client."

    "Why didn't you mention it earlier??!"

"Slipped my mind. My apologies."

    "Will I see you again? There are still many questions I want to ask!"

"In all due time, Kress Har-, I mean, Kress."

    "Thanks for what you did for me."

Sylphia smiled and vanished. Kress saw himself sitting back in the front gate where they were. Kress looked at the sky and gave his thanks, and soon went home with his new found luck.