dix-huit

Cassius's POV

I blew out the smoke from the burning joint in my right hand and sat back to relax my nerves. My mind was all over the place and weed was honestly the only thing I had to suppress it. When I left my kid's birthday party, I didn't automatically go to my car, no. I went upstairs to the kid's bathroom, dug in the medicine cabinet and took Caius's medication. Am I wrong? Probably. But me without meds is far more worse than Cai with meds I'm sure.

But so far these baby ass pills haven't did shit for me.

My phone ringing took me out of my trance. Without thinking I reached up to the coffee table in front of me to grab it, answer, and put it to my ear. Baby Mama #4 lit up in bold. "Yo." I greeted Ahlex.

"Uh hey King. I hope I didn't disturb you but I'm just calling you to let you know about Jasmine."

"What's up with her?" I grabbed the bag of hot Cheetos that was beside my phone and started to munch on them. I was hungry as hell because I had no food in this apartment plus nobody was here to cook me dinner. I used to rely on my mom and then women that I dealt with to feed me but I ain't got neither one so junk food and take-out is where it's at.

"She broke her arm today at school. I wanted to let you know since you wanted to do the whole co-parenting thing. You should know when things like this happen."

"Oh. Where y'all at?"

She said something to somebody in the background before answering me. "We are just now leaving the clinic and going home. Do you want to speak to her?"

"Nah I'm good." I declined, I'm not really into the whole parenting thing when it comes to Jasmine. It's something I was trying to change when I told Ahlex that I would co parent but it would take time. "I'll meet y'all at ya house though."

"Seriously?" She feigned surprised.

"Yeah. Bye." I hung up and sat there staring at nothing.

I finished the blunt before I decided to head over there. I was about to go crazy soon if I didn't get some real prescribed medication. One of my baby's mothers should've been a pharmacist.

Stopping at a corner store before I went there, I got some candy that I was sure all children loved. Skittles. And a big bag of Lays because I ain't know what Jas's favorite was and you can't go wrong with an original. When I parked in front of her townhouse, I noticed Jasmine sitting outside on the three little steps petting a puppy. Sighing, I took a deep breath, grabbed the shit and got out.

"What's up little mama?" I smiled as I walked up to her. She smiled back and waved as the dog started to lick all over her face and she attempted to push it away with her one hand. "That's your dog?"

She stood and dusted off her cute yellow summer dress. It's dead ass spring though. "No, it's my neighbors puppy. Her name is Queenie."

"Cute dog." I said looking down at the ugly ass dog that was slobbering all over the place.

I followed her up the few steps and into her house which the door was already open. She lives in the middle of the hood where a murder was just taken place down the street a week ago and her door open? Not with my kid in this house she not. Ahlex was in the kitchen turning the stove off when I stalked up behind her. "Why the hell is the door open?" I boomed making her jump.

"Oh my shit!" Her hand flew to her chest as she looked at me wide eyed.

"Why is the door open?" I repeated.

She stared at me for a second then behind me where the front door was. "Jassy must've left it open. I usually keep it locked." Ahlex turned back to the stove then glanced at me. "You want to stay for lunch? It's shrimp and rice."