Chapter 11

"Disney? Never took you for a Disney girl," he smiled as I collapsed on the sofa next to him.

It had been a week since we visited my mother's grave. David carried me the whole way home and all I'm going to say about that night's entertainment was that liquor was a good lubricant for getting clothes off.

"I never took you for a boy who likes Disney," he looked at me startled, "Oh you practically jumped for joy when I suggested Disney."

"What's your favourite?" He asked.

"Cinderella hence why we are watching it. Or maybe Beauty and the beast," I replied, "You?"

"Lion King or Lady and the tramp."

"No fucking way!"

"What?"

"I adore those films!" I exclaimed, "I tried to save up to see the Lion King on stage but the fund went into replacing the sofa last year."

"Well your birthday is the twelfth of September, correct?" He asked.

"Yes."

"And is today not the twelfth?"

"Is it?"

I had forgotten my own birthday.

"Happy birthday!"

David gave me a box and an envelope. I opened the box first to see a beautiful silver anklet with dark blue glass gems, which looked a lot like sapphires.

"Oh my god! Its gorgeous!" I exclaimed, "Holy shit that's real silver!"

He nodded, "May I?"

David took the anklet from my hand and knelt down in front of me. He wrapped the jewellery around my right ankle and closed the clasp.

"Looks beautiful," he said before kissing my ankle.

I smiled, "Thank you so much!"

I leant over and kissed him. That brought him back up to my level and he sat down next to me holding me. He held my thigh across his lap, pulling me closer to him and onto him.

I pulled away, "I need to open the card now."

He smirked. I pulled open the envelope and looked at the card. It was picture of me asleep in bed. The duvet was wrapped around my naked body and my hair spilled over the pillow. I laughed. I then opened the card to read inside when two pieces of paper fell onto my lap. I looked down at them.

"The Lion King?"I breathed astonished, "You got tickets to see the Lion King......in the front row!"

"Good present?" He asked.

I couldn't speak. My speech was lost. I couldn't believe that he had brought me tickets to see the show I had always wanted to see.

"I fucking love you," I shouted.

I placed the tickets on the table and kissed him passionately. My thanks and love poured into the kiss. We fell back onto the sofa together. David held me into his chest and stroked the back of my thigh. When we pulled away he stared at me. He stroked my head. His eyes watched the movement of my face.

"What?" I smiled.

"Nineteen now," he smiled, "I've had a couple of past girlfriends but this is the only one I can see going somewhere."

"Going somewhere?" I asked. I shook my head, "I can't. I'm too much of a slut."

"Alex...." He sighed, "You aren't a slut! Don't put yourself down! You're amazing."
I smiled weakly.