Chapter 1

I breathed in the soft smell of vanilla that surrounded me as I untangled myself from the duvet. A strip of light illuminated my room enough for me to reach for my water on the side, which now tasted hot and stale. I curled back into my cocoon of warmth when Sophie hit me on the head with a pillow. I rolled my eyes as I heard her run from the room. I pulled myself up and chase her around the apartment.

"Soph I'm gonna kill you," I shouted after her.

She hid the other side of the sofa and we played cat and mouse before I cornered her finally in the kitchen. I grabbed her and squeezed her hips sending her into a laughing fit before collapsing on the floor. I tickled her until she could barely breathe.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She gasped through giggles.

I collapsed on the floor next to her in a fit of laughter and there we stayed. Laying on the floor in the small kitchen. We were cramped against the cupboards, the door handles digging into my side and the pots from last nights dinner still sitting on the stove above us. Somehow, that made us laugh harder.

"How much do you want to bet that Lucy got the 'D'?" Sophie joked

"Oh I ain't betting against it so it ain't much of a bet!" I confirmed quickly.

I looked at her and she at me. That sent us into another fit of giggles. Oh, our immaturity was staggering.

Sophie and Lucy were my cousins. They were fraternal twins and exactly a month younger than me. Both had the same blonde hair but Sophie's was long and flowing where as Lucy cropped hers short. Lucy had chocolate brown eyes that everyone melted at, but Sophie's were intense grey in which you could lose yourself in the mystery of them. I, however, was a brunette turned dark purple with deep blue eyes. I was quite short for my eighteen years at the height of five two and could be quite the hot head. My cousins, on the other hand, were the opposite and were my sea of tranquility in my otherwise storm of rage. They put up with me when no one else could, hence the fact I was the only one still single. We had been close since we were fifteen so it felt natural when we decided to move in together.

I was just about to start washing up when Lucy tiptoed in the door, assuming, and more probably hoping, we were still asleep. I recognised river lea to be the song she was subtly humming. I glanced at Sophie and she stifled a laugh. It had obviously been and entertaining night for Lucy judging by the crumpled clothes and untamed hair. Not to forget, SHE HAD MISSED US SITTING ON THE FUCKING FLOOR, and she was the most observant person I knew.

"Errh hhum!" I coughed. I couldn't take it anymore.

She quickly spun around and finally noticed us on the floor, now standing and leaning against the cupboards. I noticed her hands gripping the counter. She swallowed twice before finally speaking.

"Hey girls!" She said too hastily, "Sleep well?"

I looked at Sophie, "I could ask you the same question but...What do you think?" I asked Sophie while walking around Lucy, "Does she look different to you?"

"I think so," Sophie joined in, "She looks flushed and worn out... not to mention her clothes are crumpled."

"Oh yes!" I exaggerated, "To be honest I noticed the messy hair first."

"Very true Alex," Sophie said, "Dead give away."

"Anything you wish to share?" I asked

Lucy's cheeks turned bright red, "Nope."

I looked at Sophie. She knew what I was thinking. She nodded at me. We tickled Lucy and she fell onto the floor. She gasped for air through laughs.

"Ok! Ok! I'll spill! I'll spill!" She yelled. We stopped, "We nearly went all the way. Not quite but nearly."

I stared at her, "Really?"

"Nope!" She laughed, "We had sex!"

Sophie screamed, "OMG! This is huge! Speaking of huge, what was he like? Fast? Slow? Exciting? Boring? Big? Small? Painful? Pleasurable? Was is fucking or love making? Was he wearing protection? Was....."

"Sophie calm down," I shouted over her, "But seriously was it safe sex."

"Well..." Lucy said, "Why not asked the man of the hour?"

"It was safe sex!" John stood in the doorway in his normal jeans and leather jacket, "I came to make sure Lucy wasn't mobbed. Good thing I came!"

"You SOB! Come in!" I joked.

He wandered in and I one arm hugged him. He breathed a sigh of relief. I smiled. I was glad that Lucy had chosen him to have her first time with because John was a nice guy, unlike some of the dickheads she called exs. He was honest and open and genuinely cared for her and said all along he would wait for her to be ready.

"You not mad, mother hen." He joked.

"Well I wouldn't say that...." I laughed, "But I will still castrate you if you hurt her."

He looked alarmed, "Lucy please tell her I wouldn't."

Lucy simply laughed, "I'm not getting involved!"

"Wise choice Luce," I replied, "Wise choice indeed."