Flaws

Your POV

The bloody mirror faced me, mocking and taunting. I have read the words over so many times in my head, that they have become engraved in my memory.

I felt every iron muscle in my body stiffen. I wanted blood. I craved revenge and the beast within me wanted to be released.

I could feel the demons and angels, within the walls of my mind, fighting against each other. Like restless ghosts who have been wronged and wanted to be unleashed from the shadows of purgatory to become avenged.

My humanity suddenly seemed worthless. All it's ever brought is pain. Suffering I could have avoided.

My thoughts were becoming too overwhelming that I feared what could become the outcome.

I didn't want the girls to see the reminder of how powerful the forces we were going up against actually were anymore.

With confident strides, I made my way towards the mirror, and lifted up both of my fists.

A surge of anger swept over me as I repeatedly punched forward, destroying the mirror.

"This.mirror.is.a lie." I said each word between every punch and through gritted teeth.

I turned to face the girls with my newly bloodied hands held firmly at my sides.

"They can't even begin to imagine what I'm capable of. Hell, even I can't."

The girl's eyes were monitoring my every move. I glanced down at my arms and a hysterical laugh escaped my lips. I lifted them up to give the girls a view of the perfectly healed skin.

"Look at how fast I healed! I'm indestructable."

A proud smirk appeared on my face.

I had no control over my actions. My inner warrior was begining to surface which was the only flaw in my design.

I scanned their faces and saw confusion and unrecognition.

Camila's eyes were filled with new found tears as she made her way towards the broken mirror, picking up a shard of glass. She turned to face me with sadness laced into her words.

She slid the piece of sharp glass swiftly across her fragile skin drawing blood.

"But we're not."

Camila's POV

I stared into Y/N's blue eyes, as the hard glare she once carried, softened.

The cut wasn't deep but it was enough to let Y/N realize that we aren't like her. We're human.

She came closer towards me, back to her pevious self. Not as the stranger she became in the last matter of minutes.

We made our way to the bus, not wanting to stand in the room any longer. In the lounge, the girls helped bandage my wound, as I shifted my gaze to the bionic beauty standing in front of me. The usually composed girl looked defeated.
Her eyes met my own, and my heart panged from the hurt her sadness caused me.

No ones one hundred percent indestructable, every hero carries a fatal flaw. Sadly, Y/N's is, well, her whole being. She was built to be a ruthless warrior, not to fight to regain her stolen humanity.

"Y/N."

Her name slipped out of my lips, which caused a hint of guilt and curiousity to spark in the taller girl.

I winced from the alcohol being spread onto my cut and decided to continue.

"We don't need you to become the distant fierce warrior you were when we first met you. I know you question if stuggling to keep your humanity is worth it, well it is. How else are you going to noice the amount of love we all have for you? At a time like this, we don't want you to become the sranger we saw in the room earlier. I want the Y/N who cares about us. The same Y/N who even though she doesn't understand these new feelings she's slowly possessing, she doesn't fight them.Please Y/N, don't give up on your humanity, no matter how tough it can be at times. Promise me."

All the girls joined at the same time, "Promise us."

Your POV

The girls faced me, waiting for my answer. An answer I wasn't sure I had.

Being honest, I voiced out my thoughts.

"Every fiber of my body wants to say yes and agree, but it would be denying my nature."

Lauren took her hands in my own, creating a numb like sensation throughout the lengths of my arms.

"Create a new one for yourself. Don't let your life be defined by the labels that were installed upon you."

Her emerald eyes radiated so many emotions that I couldn't decipher them all. Determination was one of them for sure.

With confidence, I stated the words I vowed to live by from this moment forward.

"I will fight for my humanity. No matter how hard it can become. I'll do it for you girls. I promise."

They smiled brightly and wrapped me into their embraces, letting go to make their way towards their bunks.

I decided to join them too because I didn't want to deal with my thoughts any longer. I craved peace and rest from their loud voices.

Tomorrow would be a tough day, but the girls need to be safe.

I ran a hand through my hair as
I closed my eyes, being met with complete darkness.

Welcoming the pleasing amount of comfort I strangely found when I was in utter silence.
..................................

Hey guys! here's another chapter. Hope you liked it but feel free to tell me otherwise! Hearing opinions is the best possible thing for a writer. Comment and vote. I will be updating soon (;

-desired21