The Impossible

( Chapter was inspired while listening to "Hozier-Work Song". You should listen to it while reading it. It captures the mood I felt while writing this chapter. Hope you enjoy it guys!
- desired21)

Your POV

If I wasn't supposed to be protecting the girls, I wouldn't have stood at the doorway of the gym along with 4/5 of Fifth Harmony, waiting for Lauren to make her way over to us.

My feet wanted to carry me towards the bus and just abandon the confrontation I was bound to have with the green eyed girl. After what seemed like a lifetime, which was probably only a minute, Lauren made her way towards me.

Luckily the bus wasn't very far. A five minute walk at least.

I quickened my pace so that I could be towards the front of the group while Lauren was near the back.

I felt her eyes staring at the back of my head, and I curled my fingers to form a fist at my sides.

I wasn't angry at her.

I felt angry at myself for not being able to be like the rest of the girls. Not being human. I am just a result of test tubes and a killing monster. I am the deadliest weapon on this planet.

I wasn't furious because I was created or that I was supposed to protect these gorgeous and talented ladies.
The part that got me frustrated was the fact that my former self couldn't have possibly predicted the amount of pain that this realization can bring me.

I felt a hand grab my wrist which made me release my fists. Thin long fingers interwined with my own and I saw Camila looking at me with concern and care. I relaxed into her touch and slowed down my walking pace.

I could still feel those enchanting emerald eyes staring at me but I decided to ignore the foreign sensation that the green eyed girl can make me feel.

Lauren's POV

I wanted to be the one to hold her hand and make Y/N feel the love that's slowly growing in my heart for her.

I felt the bitter feeling of jealousy course through my veins as Camz beat me to it. However the love and the way Camila stared at Y/N was how she looked at Sofi, her younger sister. Instead of how she used to stare at her douchebag of an ex boyfriend named Austin.

I stared at the beauty in front of me and I couldn't tear my eyes away from her silhouette. Everything about her was so intoxicating. The way she walked showed how much confidence and respect she demanded. I would find a way to talk to Y/N. Find a way to get her to explain to me by what she meant when she said "not anymore".

All I know is that if her heart did used to beat, I was determined to make it beat again. For me. For us.

Your POV

I felt sweat dripping down my whole body. My body jolted upwards in alert.

Tonight was different than any other night. This time when I closed my eyes I saw moving pictures. Memories. Of my old self.

I stood to go towards the top of the bus. They had a staircase that led towards the top in case of an emergency, but I just needed to be outdoors.

I sat facing the direction that the sun was supposed to rise in a couple hours from now.

In the moving pictures from my head, it showed me how I used to be. My whole body was alive. I had a heartbeat, I felt happiness, I had a family.
I felt a presence but I didn't feel alarmed like I usually would, so I dismissed the alert my body sent me.

I placed my hand on my chest hoping to find a heartbeat, but I still felt nothing.

My body felt strange and my eyes started to leak this water fluid.
I brought my hand cautiously towards my face and pulled my finger back inspecting the fresh water droplets.

I couldn't be crying, that's impossible.

Lauren's POV

I couldn't sleep anymore. Something was wrong and it didn't let me rest. I couldn't get Y/N's haunting blue eyes out of my mind from yesterday. I grabbed my phone and saw the time.

4:21 a.m.

I stretched and stood up from my bunk. I saw Y/N making her way towards the escape hatch that led towards the roof of the tour bus. My feet made their way up the stairs and when I finally reached my destination the sight before crushed my heart.

Y/N looked so tortured and vulnerable. The sun wasn't out yet, but the moonlight made her look like a beautiful warrior, battling with her own thoughts.

She started crying and I couldn't take being a part from her any longer.

I speed walked and wiped the tears from her gorgeous unblemished porcelain face.

She turned to face me and didn't seem to comprehend what I was doing. That didn't stop her from leaning into my hand that was caress her cheek lovingly.

I leaned my forehead against hers as a tear escaped from my own eye and traveled down my cheek.

I shut my eyes and sniffled, holding back the pain, and the rest of the tears that were threatening to free fall down my face.

I looked into her eyes and put all the passion and love I could into my gaze. It hurt seeing her hurt.

I embraced her and she wrapped her arms lightly but firmly around my torso, leaning her head into the crook of my neck before we both slowly pulled away.

We watched the slowly rising sunrise in the horizon in complete and utter silence.

After a while, I shivered slightly since I realized that I was only in short pajama shorts and a tank top.

Y/N shifted and I thought she was going to leave but instead she handed me her sweatshirt leaving her only in her sportsbra.

She pulled me in front of her so that I could lay against her chest as she wrapped her arms around me, laying her chin on my shoulder, while intertwining her fingers with my own.

I will find a way to fix you Y/N. I promise.

....................................................

You guys wanted another update so why not? I had an extremely fun time writing this chapter. I loved how it came out but feel free to comment otherwise. Comment and vote!

-desired21